This week's episode of Reaper provides us with an inside look at the life of the demon Gladys, who works at the DMV, a.k.a. the portal to hell. As Ben points out, all demons were once angels, and by the end of this week's episode, Sock has a newfound softness for the hell worker. In other news, the Devil's fancy gift to Sam turns out to have another purpose as Sam hunts down an escaped soul who can — awesomely, in my opinion — pull weapons from the tattoos on his body. Finally, on the love front, Andi's guy Greg is kind of a jerk and she continues to resist a romance with Sam lest it ruin their friendship.
Check out some of the quotes and moments I enjoyed most this week:
- Sock, in regard to Gladys shopping at the Work Bench like any other person: "My brain is itchy."
- At the cash register, Sock calls her "Glad Bags," and then says, "What does a pretty young demon like yourself do when she's not shipping souls off to hell?"
- The Devil at dinner, indignantly: "Hey! I'm not Ted! What a d*ck."
- Ben, seeing Sam's cardinal tattoo, bursts into his dimpled grin: "Oooh, birdie!"
- Josie: "I am a huge fan of the true crime genre. Surely there were some books that influenced your work."
Sock: "Murder She Wrote. Book version. And Clue... the board game... book. They made a book."
- Sam thinks he is such a secret agent with the taser, the "cool" vessel.
- Sock: "Why would a demon be into angel figurines? It's like a cat banging a dog."
- Sam: "I'm gonna go to prison!"
Devil: "Yeah. That's messed up."
- Ben sweetly tells Sock that he's grown into his body "really nicely" when Sock admits he was six feet tall in the second grade.
- Wow, that scene between Sam and the cop in the interrogation room is actually kind of intense!
- Gladys to Sock: "You got a pretty mouth." Then they start making out in Sock's dream!
- Devil, after explaining his contract with the cop: "You know what I could go for? Blooming onion! You in?"
- Sam, telling Andi about what happened between him and Greg: "We kinda got into a fight in his car. More like a slap fight, really."
- Sam, staring at the gift box from the Devil: "I don't care if it's a box of world peace, it's gonna come back to bite me in the ass." When he opens it, there's a "Get out of hell free" card inside.
More fun stuff if you read more
Photos courtesy of CW