Both 90210 and Melrose Place felt like they were building up to something big this week. It didn't make for a particularly juicy two-hour block, but I cannot wait to see exactly what happens in the coming episodes as each carefully placed plot point starts to unravel. (You just know Jen's scheming is about to blow up in Naomi's face — and don't even get me started on nut-job Violet! They're going to have to kill her off soon if she keeps acting this cuckoo.)
Which show do you think had the most drama? I know my pick for the week, so check out my argument and see if you agree when you
- 90210 point: Jen is such a snake in the grass. She talks smack about Naomi — even going so far as to say "You couldn't even keep your little high school James Dean happy" about Liam. Then she backpedals and pretends to be Naomi's best friend to weasel money out of her.
Melrose Place counterpoint: Can we say psycho? First, Violet tries on Auggie's clothes while he's out of town, and then she makes Michael her new mark, going to the hospital with a fake heart attack and getting him to drop trou outside the bar. Oh, and let's not forget the clincher: She shows up to his house by posing as the new babysitter and blackmails him.
- 90210 point: Adrianna is such an idiot, even she said so. She breaks up with Navid because of her wandering eye for Teddy, but after a quick frolic on the beach (barf!) set to the tune of "You're a Dream to Me," Teddy breaks the news that he wasn't looking for a relationship. By the time Adrianna realizes the mistake she's made, Navid knows about her kisses with Teddy and tells her that he doesn't want anything to do with her. Hurtful, but deserved.
Melrose Place counterpoint: The hooker lifestyle is quickly getting more out of control for Lauren. When she takes a job on board a party boat with a few other "girls," her neighbor David shows up, forcing her to make a quick escape — and putting her on very thin ice with her madam. Anyone else think the writers are starting to put her and David together romantically? Ella is going to be pissed!
- 90210 point: Mark gets jealous of Jasper, and tells Annie that Jasper pulled a knife on someone at his old school. As a result, Annie starts blowing Jasper off, and instead accepts a date with Mark, which quickly escalates into borderline rape. Jasper swoops in to break it up and denies the knife rumor — but whaddyaknow, he just happens to have a blade on him so he can stab Mark's car tires.
Melrose Place counterpoint: An art deal goes wrong fast with David, so he gets beat up by multiple guys and has to go to the hospital. His nurse? Lauren, naturally. I swear these two will be knocking boots any minute now.
- 90210 point: Silver starts to rekindle her relationship with her mom — that is, until Kelly butts in and tells her mom to stay away from Silver because she's bipolar. (Kind of mean for Kelly, wasn't it?) In other Kelly news, Harry obviously has feelings for the teach. He drinks too much at the bar, and accidentally says her name — instead of his wife's.
- Melrose Place counterpoint: Prepare for a Riley-Ella face-off. Did you see the death stare Ella gave her when Riley became the new model for the jeans line?
Alright, so I'm giving this week's round to 90210. While Violet is certifiably insane, she really was the only shocker on Melrose. But on 90210, you've got Jen and Jasper keeping things interesting. Do you agree with my assessment? Which one caused you to do a TiVo rewind?
Want to keep talking about the episode? Check out the 90210 Superfans group in the Buzz Community!
Photos courtesy of The CW