It's been almost two years since the heartbreaking death of Robin Williams , and in honor of what would have been his 65th birthday this week, we're looking back at some of the iconic comedian and actor's most thoughtful, special movie lines. Over the years, he brought plenty of hilarious one-liners to the big screen — "It was a run-by fruiting!" — and although those quotable moments are some of the most memorable, Williams also delivered wise and poignant lines throughout his career, bringing heart and depth to more serious roles. To celebrate his life and his most memorable movie moments , take a look at some of the beautiful Williams lines we'll always remember.
"All you have to do is think one happy thought, and you'll fly like me."
"But oh, to be free . . . To be my own master. Such a thing would be greater than all the magic and all the treasures in all the world."
- "You're not perfect, sport, and let me save you the suspense — this girl you've met, she's not perfect either. But the question is whether or not you're perfect for each other."
- "Real loss is only possible when you love something more than you love yourself."
- "You'll have bad times, but it'll always wake you up to the good stuff you weren't paying attention to."
"If there's love, dear, those are the ties that bind, and you'll have a family in your heart forever. All my love to you, poppet. You're going to be all right."
What Dreams May Come
- "A whole human life is just a heartbeat here in heaven. Then we'll all be together forever."
- "What some folks call impossible is just stuff they haven't seen before."
"If you're ever distressed, cast your eyes to the Summer sky when the stars are strung across the velvety night. And when a shooting star streaks through the blackness, turning night into day, make a wish, and think of me. Make your life spectacular. I know I did."
"All of life is a coming home. Salesmen, secretaries, coal miners, beekeepers, sword swallowers, all of us. All the restless hearts of the world, all trying to find a way home."
Dead Poets Society
"'What good amid these, O me, O life?' Answer — that you are here. That life exists and identity. That the powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse. That the powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse. What will your verse be?"
Good Morning, Vietnam
"Sometimes you got to specifically go out of your way to get into trouble. It's called fun."