- Phoebe Buffay, Friends: She may be a little wishy-washy on her rules (remember when she had to eat meat during her pregnancy? Or couldn't stop wearing that fur coat?), but Phoebe is an animal lover through and through. Case in point: she dumps guest star Michael Rappaport when he shoots a bird, even though they just decided to move in together. Plus, she's a friend to smelly cats everywhere.
- Jessie Spano, Saved by the Bell: Women's rights may have been Jessie's biggest cause, but she was willing to protest just about anything. She and Kelly even handcuffed themselves to a fake oil derrick to boycott the drilling at Bayside High. I think everyone learned a lesson when Zack couldn't save Becky the duck and all the other animals.
See three more earth-crunchy characters when you
- Kat Stratford, 10 Things I Hate About You: Kat's activist streak gets her into constant trouble at school and home, but hey, she's trying to make a difference. Most recently she tried to rally for Meatless Mondays in the cafeteria to reduce her school's carbon footprint.
- Lisa Simpson, The Simpsons: Lisa is a steadfast friend to the earth, always trying to improve the planet. Although, it was her crush on a boy that motivated her to do her most outrageous act of protest — living in a tree to deter loggers from removing it. Either way, it was brave!
- Dharma Finkelstein Montgomery, Dharma and Greg: As the hippie flower child of the '90s, Dharma champions vegetarianism and taking public transportation. She even once "carpeted" her apartment in live grass, so let's hope that she also taught Greg to love recycling.