While we were having a relaxing holiday weekend, things were a little nuts over in TV land. Here are some of the most interesting stories:
- Charles Nelson Reilly, my favorite "Match Game" panelist, died Friday at age 76, the Los Angeles Times reports.
- NBC Entertainment president Kevin Reilly has been fired, Variety reports. In his place: Ben Silverman, whose studio produces "The Office" and "Ugly Betty," and Marc Graboff.
- Reilly isn't the only axing at NBC: "Super-sized" comedies also won't be back next season, Zap2it reports.
- A "House" executive producer tells USA Today that next season will look very different.
- ABC has its eye on a show that sounds like a newsy YouTube, Variety reports.
- The New York Times has the story about how "American Idol" saved "'Til Death."