This week's Ugly Betty was pretty touching, as they go, but it also had a few of my favorite one liners of the season. Plus, some of them were from Henry! He may turn me into a convert yet. "Where have you been all my life?" "Math Camp." Ah, awesome. Here are my thoughts:
- After last week's dramatic cliffhanger, this episode started with a whimper. Bradford was already in the hospital, in a coma. Betty showed up at the hospital, but was quickly defeated when Daniel reiterated that he fired her so she went to clean out her desk.... really, already? Shouldn't she stay around just in case she could help him out in any way?
- As Bradford was on his maybe death bed (with Alexis telling him to "go towards the light" and Daniel telling him to "stay away from the light") the attention obviously shifted to the will. What would a primetime soap death be without will drama?
- "Why is it always sadder when tragedy strikes hot people?" I love Amanda.
To see the rest of my thoughts (and favorite lines) and read about the dramatic final moments (duh duh duh) just read more
- Mo'Nique was kinda hilarious as the weekend security guard with a thing for Henry. The moment that may have been my turning point with Henry: "I'm sweet like sugar, soft like suede, but unlike a piano, I never get played."
- Also, I'm glad that Mark called out Betty for being bossy. She is.
- "Lady fugitive, you have come to the right place." Claire Meade and Yoga together = awesome. I love that Yoga was so bad at hiding and making up lies. Plus, it was sweet at the end when Claire lied and said Yoga died so she can escape.
- Soooo, when someone presses the remote to close Bradford Meade's office doors, you're locked in forever? That seems likely.
- "Everyone knew about the big secret sex room except for me? It's like freshman year all over again" Okay, Henry is funny.
- As for Betty quitting Mode, come on now. She can't do that (you know, beyond what happens next)! First Day Betty doesn't know!
- So Bradford wakes up from his coma and immediately realizes he doesn't want to marry Willie. Has a touching moment with Claire. Asks Betty to take care of Daniel. And then...dies. This means that only Betty (and Marc) knows that Willie and Bradford didn't get married? And in the end Willie is trying to bribe the morgue guy to slip a wedding ring on his finger so she can claim they got married on his death bed? This is what I gathered.
Phew. Well, the end of that was a doozy, and I must say that the moment between Claire and Bradford was sweeter than I expected. Gotta love Claire. What did you think? What was Willie plotting? Were you as surprised as I was that Bradford just kicked it like that? Will Betty be back at Mode on Monday morning?
Photo copyright 2007 ABC, Inc.