We know Bill Clinton loves TV Land, but what about Hillary? And do you think Barack Obama is more of a 30 Rock or Two and a Half Men kind of guy?
The presidential candidates have revealed their TV viewing habits to TV Guide for the issue that hits newsstands on Thursday, but Mediabistro got a sneak peek at the results. Here's some of what the candidates had to say:
- Hillary Clinton likes Grey's Anatomy, Dancing with the Stars, American Idol, makeover shows on HGTV, and The Ed Sullivan Show.
- Barack Obama loves M*A*S*H and The Wire but ends up watching a lot of SpongeBob SquarePants with his daughters.
- John Edwards likes Boston Legal and — ha — Fred Thompson's episodes of Law & Order.
- Dennis Kucinich likes late-night TV, including both Leno and Letterman as well as The Daily Show, The Colbert Report, and Saturday Night Live.
- John McCain said he watches Prison Break "because as a fellow prisoner, I always dreamed and plotted how I would break out of the Hanoi Hilton."
- Mitt Romney likes escaping with Lost.
- Fred Thompson spends his viewing time catching up with SportsCenter.
There was obviously some political strategy going into these answers (McCain's makes me a little uncomfortable), and I'm surprised that Thompson didn't mention Law & Order himself. Apparently Rudy Giuliani didn't participate, which really makes me wonder what's on his TiVo.