Phillip Lim showed a bookish, workwear-inspired cool for Fall '12 — some of the models even carried briefcase-style clutches down the runway. The designer offered up tapered trousers, fitted blazers, and his signature slouchy yet structured knits, all playing into a pretty, polished glamour that's perfect for the office. The collection was a refreshing mix of youthfulness (bright pops of colors, sleek pointy-toe loafers, tiny slivers of skin showing) and an underlying note of sophistication (turtlenecks, contoured coats, high-waisted pants), bringing a sweet sartorial dichotomy to the art of Fall layering. Get the details below.
- Trends: Knit blanket coats, subtle geometric prints and colorblocking, perfectly tailored trousers.
- Colors: Black, white, red, bright blue, gray, taupe.
- Key Piece: The wool patchwork coat with turtleneck; the mohair cape with white trousers.
- Accessories: Leather belts, oversized fold-over clutches, metallic ankle booties and T-strap pumps.
- Who Would Wear It: Women who want to look on-trend but professional at the office.