At Alberta Ferretti, soft, ocean-inspired tones and ethereal, Chantilly-lace-infused creations conjured up images of mermaids (we'd want to dress like) and seaside nymphs. Strategic netting clung to pale-hued evening gowns, sheer overlays adorned peekaboo lace shifts, and diamante embellishments created a pretty, water-droplet effect. The aquatic theme kept on, visible in the sea-anemone-like fringe, coral-reef texture, and shell-inspired piping. It felt like we were witnessing an adult version of The Little Mermaid come to life, and this smattering of dresses, cropped trousers, blazers, and pencil skirts offered up proof of its chic re-imagining. As each look floated down the runway — as if the models were attached to invisible moorings — there was no question that next Spring, according to Alberta Ferretti, will be a beautiful one.
- Trends: Iridescence, the bias cut, lace, and sheer detailing.
- Colors: A sea-aquatic palette in every sense — think shades of green and blue, mixed with the palest nudes and pinks.
- Key Piece: The formfitting Chantilly-lace evening gowns that literally look as if they could be a mossy second skin.
- Accessories: Satin pointy-toe pumps, beaded drawstring purses, and aviators-meet-goggles sunglasses.
- Who Should Wear It: We hope Selena Gomez picks one of these jaw-dropping numbers for her next premiere — she would play to the design's otherworldly prettiness.