Stacey Bendet crafted her latest collection with the optimism of the '50s American dream. The resulting party dresses and cocktail wares may just be what the young Hollywood set, like attendees Jamie Chung and Odette Annable, are dreaming of wearing all Spring. Looks ran the gamut from feminine fit-and-flare dresses done up in metallics to a polka-dot-peplum-and-pedal-pusher set and a surprise, paint-splattered full-length bustier dress. It was already clear that Bendet knew her way around a party dress, but this season she proves she also knows a few things about evening gowns; hers came in gorgeous, embroidered finishes, not to mention dressed-down — but still feminine — casual looks that also hinted at the designer's retro influence.
- Trends: Crop tops, pedal-pushers, peplum, polka-dots, florals, and metallics.
- Colors: White, brown, black, yellow, bright orange, pops of blue and mint green, lavender, and gray.
- Key Piece: The paint-splattered bustier dress; an embellished bustier was an unexpected counter to a polished white skirt and bright orange jacket.
- Accessories: Lace-up pointed-toe booties, pointed-toe pumps, ankle-strap sandals, cat-eye sunglasses, structured satchels.
- Who Should Wear It: You can expect to see the 20something Hollywood crowd showing off these looks all over red-carpet events.