Just when we thought we couldn't swoon any more over Joseph Altuzarra's creations, the designer sent us on a dizzying trip around the world via brightly hued Moroccan-chic knitwear, chunky fringe, plush shearling, and quirky coin embellishments. From 1940s Parisian silhouettes to ultra-tailored naval coats and equestrian-inspired jodhpurs, to the whimsical markings of a visit to a Marrakesh marketplace, this collection was all about mixing it up. The result? A sultry blend of super-structured jackets, pants, and fur-lined outerwear paired perfectly with eclectic fringe-laden skirts, Indian-braid schoolboy sweaters, and coin-infused cocktail dresses. Slick, tasseled, patent-leather ankle boots and knee-high riding boots completed each look — a fitting accessorized finish for the well-traveled style setter who knows where she's going next.
- Trends: Global traveler, fringe, coin embellishments, equestrian-inspired silhouettes, fur-trimmed collars, quirky updates on the Fair Isle print.
- Colors: Earthy brown, black, navy, ivory, gold, and bright pops of Moroccan oranges and reds.
- Key Piece: The vibrant coin-sashed orange dress embodied Altuzarra's worldly take on his Fall '12 lineup.
- Accessories: Chunky cummerbund belts, patent-leather ankle boots, and knee-high riding boots, complete with slick tasseled add-ons.
- Who Would Wear It: The downtown cool girl with a flair for spontaneity, like Kate Bosworth, Gwyneth Paltrow, and Ashley Olsen.