>> The 2009 CFDA Awards are on Monday — the afterparties are planned, various outlets are hedging their bets on the winners, and to the disappointment of many, Board of Director’s Special Tribute honoree Michelle Obama will not be in attendance — fashion has been foiled once again — her cultural ambassador Bonnie McElveen-Hunter will receive the award in her stead.
But the rumor about the mini fashion show at the awards ceremony is true: As a preview of New York Fashion Week's move to Lincoln Center next year, a runway presentation of Lifetime Achievement honoree Anna Sui, plus the work of other womenswear nominees, will take place on the Center's Alice Tully Hall stage. According to Fashion Week Daily, "Don’t expect anything less than stellar models to strut their stuff on stage, nearly every big name is already booked for the mini-shows."
UPDATE: The show's presenters »
- Swarovski Awards: Blake Lively (who is sitting with Michael Kors, along with Heidi Klum, Coco Rocha and Lauren Santo Domingo)
- Womenswear Designer of the Year: Diane Kruger
- Menswear Designer of the Year: Jimmy Fallon
- Accessories Designer of the Year: Kerry Washington
- International Award for Marc Jacobs: Louis Vuitton head of communications Antoine Arnault and Robert Duffy
- Geoffrey Beene Lifetime Achievement Award for Anna Sui: Jack White from The White Stripes