The chic, sleek ponytail is back! Thank goodness...for once there is an easy style out there for the days when we need just a little extra sleep! These ponytails are low maintenance. They are a classic and beautiful way to pull off a polished look as well as a great way to secure your hair if you want it off of your face and neck.
Pony's also focus attention to your cheekbones. It's a little trick that expert hairstylists have been using for years to make women look refreshed and awake...sort of like you've just gotten a face lift! Calvin Klein is also an advocate of the ponytail. Here is a look from his Spring show. Check out the rest of my Spring Peeks if you like what you see here.
For do it yourself tips, read more
- For this style, you can work with day old or dirty hair. Begin by brushing your hair so that it is completely tangle free. If you create a ponytail that has knots in it, you are only asking for trouble down the line.
- If hair is wet, apply a serum and then blow dry back, away from your face until it is smooth and dry.
- Next, section your hair into three sections - the top and two sides. Leave the top section loose and pull the sides back into a ponytail and secure the hair with a snag free hair elastic, $3.50 for a package of eight.
- Then, brush the top section back and use another hair band to secure the ponytail. Tip: if you would like some height on the crown of your head, you can back-comb, or tease this section of the hair just a little bit before securing it.
- To give your hair a super polished look, you are going to want to give it some shine. I recommend using an enzyme enhanced spray shine such as Alterna Hemp Seed Spray Shine, $19, to help nourish the condition of your hair effortlessly! FYI - spritz lightly for maximum shine.
- Lastly, once you like the look you've created, spritz some hairspray all over in a light mist to keep your pony and wispy loose hairs in place.