Though Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen  first stole our hearts on Full House, it's their distinct, covetable, and trendsetting style that has us under a serious sartorial spell all these years later. This dynamic duo — turning 28 years old on Friday — has taken the fashion world by storm as experienced entrepreneurs, respected designers, and CFDA  Award winners, and we have a feeling this is just the tip of the iceberg.
As the designers of choice for A-listers and models alike, it would be easy for Mary-Kate and Ashley to hide behind their luxe labels — we'll take one of everything from The Row's Fall 2014 collection  — but this fashion-forward pair not only talks the talk, but also walks the (cat)walk. While each Olsen has her own signature style — Mary-Kate's the queen of bohemian chic, and Ashley is the master of minimalistic polish — together they have defined eclectic glamour and culled legions of fans with their avant-garde expertise.
Need proof? You got it, dude! Presenting 85 of their most twinning (we had to) style moments.
Twinning combo: So bright, they've gotta wear shades. Ashley and Mary-Kate accessorized their March 2011 Metropolitan Opera looks with matching oversize round sunglasses.
- Ashley kept cozy in an emerald-green fur stole over her jacquard sheath dress.
- Mary-Kate topped her sheer, polka-dot maxi dress with a metallic shawl-collar coat.
Twinning combo: Both girls wore eye-catching jackets and no-fuss beach waves for Nine's New York premiere in December 2009.
- Mary-Kate brought major spunk in a shimmering harlequin jacket and cobalt leather clutch.
- Ashley proved all-black is anything but boring in a cropped feathered jacket, silk trousers, and slick leather gloves.
Twinning combo: For the 2011 CFDA Fashion Awards, both girls kicked it into high gear with high-shine pieces.
- Mary-Kate donned an embellished gold Chanel topper, black high-low skirt, and pastel bag by The Row.
- Ashley went a little more subtle in a sheen, baby-blue creation and burnt-orange crocodile bag, both by The Row, with metallic ankle-strap pumps.
Twinning combo: At the 2014 Met Gala, the Olsens went vintage and voluminous.
- Ashley donned a military-inspired Gianfranco Ferré featuring a luxe jacquard texture.
- Mary-Kate floated down the famous steps in striped Chanel.
Twinning combo: Mary-Kate and Ashley exuded schoolgirl charm while visiting the MuchOnDemand TV studio in Toronto in March 2009.
- Mary-Kate was made for plaid in her Elizabeth and James  boyfriend jacket and python Prada  sandals.
- Ashley tucked a blush-pink blouse into cuffed gray trousers, then slipped on her trusty Prada sandals for a touch of edge.
Twinning combo: For the 2013 Met Gala, the style-setters upped the drama with vintage selections.
- Ashley chose a beaded orange creation with gauzy overlay from Dior Couture.
- Mary-Kate topped her beaded drop-waist Chanel dress with an embroidered, fur-trimmed robe.
Twinning combo: If black is the color of power, then the Olsens were reigning queens at the J. Mendel show during Fall 2012 New York Fashion Week.
- Ashley donned an all-black suit with retro shades.
- Mary-Kate took inspiration from her twin working the exact same look.
Twinning combo: Once again proving it's all about a statement coat at amfAR's Fall 2010 Fashion Week kickoff party.
- Mary-Kate upped the intrigue by layering a full-feathered jacket over her sheer-overlay dress.
- Ashley topped her silk champagne separates with a black-and-gold geometric-print jacket.
Twinning combo: For Balenciaga 's 2006 Paris launch, the girls styled two different but equally chic cropped coats with their black-on-black looks.
- Mary-Kate layered a cropped fur topper over her simple black dress while toting an oversize red clutch.
- Ashley went preppy in tuxedo-stripe pants and a ruffled tartan coat.
Twinning combo: The girls coordinated more than their sheer monochromatic ensembles, both opting for white clutches and blackout shades for the Broadway opening of Lend Me a Tendor in April 2010.
- Mary-Kate worked a dual-textured coat over her sheer-overlay dress, then added a pop of flair via a white Proenza Schouler  clutch.
- Ashley embraced her girlie side in a sheer-overlay dress with bow details and dainty ankle-strap sandals.
Twinning combo: Donning exquisite couture creations, both girls followed the "Model as Muse" theme at the 2009 Costume Institute Gala.
- Ashley was angelic in a draping, long-sleeved white gown with a plunging back.
- Mary-Kate looked statuesque in a tiered, Victorian-inspired Christian Lacroix  gown and a perfectly messy half-up 'do.
Twinning combo: The duo looked absolutely stunning in peekaboo Diane von Furstenberg  gowns while posing next to Christian Louboutin  on the 2008 Met Gala red carpet.
- Ashley flaunted her fit figure in a black cutout gown.
- Mary-Kate glowed in a gold sequined number, complete with plunging neckline and thigh-high slit.
Twinning combo: The sisters jazzed up their signature all-black looks with luxe fur toppers at WWD's 100 Anniversary celebration in November 2010.
- Ashley was cozy-chic in a long, fur-trimmed coat and jeweled satin pumps.
- Mary-Kate chose a shorter plush topper, leather skirt, and zigzag-print tights.
Twinning combo: For the 2002 LA premiere of Austin Powers in Goldmember, the Cali-cool combo styled their coordinating butterfly-print tops with black basics.
- Ashley stuck with a dark palette, pairing her printed top with cropped black pants and buckle-accented sandals.
- Mary-Kate injected a pop of color via a burnt-orange blouse and a few beaded accessories.
Twinning combo: In May 2010, MK&A married prints and patterns at The Art of Elysium and Versus's "Bright Lights" fundraiser in NYC.
- Mary-Kate topped her brilliant blue printed mini with a leopard cape and serious stacks of arm candy.
- Ashley cinched her paneled lace Comme des Garcons  dress with a chocolate-brown leather jacket.
Twinning combo: The stylish sisters had tails wagging in two plunging belted gowns at the 2007 Costume Institute Gala in NYC.
- Mary-Kate oozed gothic glamour in a full-feathered creation, sweeping updo, and gold-trim box clutch.
- Ashley wore a white pleated gown with a contrasting black leather belt and sleek white clutch.
Twinning combo: For the 2006 CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Awards, the girls donned Autumn-friendly hues and textured box clutches.
- Mary-Kate was Fall-ready in a leafy mustard-yellow wrap gown and suede cobalt clutch.
- Ashley played up her dark locks in a sheer green dress, black patent leather clutch, and a few layered necklaces.
Twinning combo: The blond duo posed in cinched dresses and black tights for the JCPenney 's Best of Spring Showcase in March 2010.
- Mary-Kate stuck with an all-black palette in a cinched Dries Van Noten blazer and suede booties.
- Ashley married navy and black in a sleeveless wool-blend minidress by Jil Sander  with black tights and Mary Janes.
Twinning combo: At the 2009 CFDA new members reception, the darling duo polished their gorgeous gowns with ornate jackets.
- Mary-Kate topped her black gown with a velour brocade jacket and colorful miniclutch.
- Ashley contrasted her cream-colored crepe gown with a black tweed jacket and burgundy platforms.
Twinning combo: During Spring 2005 New York Fashion Week, the Olsens proved the power of statement outerwear, bundling up in two noteworthy coats.
- Mary-Kate played the color card, layering an apple-green coat over her punchy slip dress.
- Ashley warmed up in a luxe, chocolate-colored fur and light-wash denim.
Twinning combo: The designing sisters celebrated their 2012 CFDA Womenswear Designer of the Year Award in rich hues and silky silhouettes, both by The Row.
- Ashley pumped up the color in a deep fuchsia gown with cascading front-ruffle detail and a no-fuss updo.
- Mary-Kate went for a darker look, owning a black long-sleeved silk dress with a high-low hem, then slipping on dazzling diamond drop earrings for a pop of shine.
Twinning combo: For the Fresh Air Fund's Salute to American Heroes event in July 2012, the twins coordinated their cocktail-chic ensembles, both by The Row, by choosing sleek hues at opposite ends of the color spectrum.
- Ashley looked angelic in a fitted and textured white halter dress, which she accessorized with sling-back pointed-toe pumps and stacks of gold bangles.
- Mary-Kate stepped out in a kimono-style black sheath, complete with a sash at the waist, and colorblock sandals.
Twinning combo: For Vanity Fair's Tribeca Film Festival party, the twins chose girlie prints and hues.
- Ashley styled a business-chic ensemble — polka-dot blouse and silky wide-leg trousers — with olive-green pumps and an orange leather clutch.
- Mary-Kate posed in a studded turtleneck, flowy pink skirt, matching kitten heels, and a hot-pink rose clutch.
Twinning combo: It was all about leather jackets and black maxis for the Giambattista Valli  Fall/Winter 2007 show during Paris Fashion Week.
- Mary-Kate finished off her LBG — long black gown — with an open leather jacket, satin turbin, and beaded bag.
- Ashley zipped her soft leather topper over a dramatic lace gown and toted a black crocodile bag.
Twinning combo: The girls took in the Chanel Fall/Winter 2008 show with killer eyewear.
- Ashley paired a long, white tweed coat with black ankle boots, a quilted bag, and oversize shades.
- Mary-Kate went sporty in a gray sweater, black leather leggings, and YSL platforms and a printed headscarf.
Twinning combo: Both girls nailed the goth-glam vibe for the 2007/2008 Chanel Cruise Show in Santa Monica.
- Mary-Kate paired a dramatic black gown with a studded leather belt and chocolate-colored fur vest.
- Ashley put her toned stems on display in a black bandage skirt, fitted blazer, and high-collar white blouse. Her multistrand diamond necklace and caged sandals were the perfect finishing touches.
Twinning combo: The twins made a statement in printed separates for Starsky & Hutch's LA premiere.
- Ashley balanced her geometric-print midi skirt with a short-sleeved crocheted sweater and satin pumps.
- Mary-Kate spiced up her ruffled green skirt with a leaf-print sweater and wing-tipped sling-back pumps.
Twinning combo: You would have to be blind to miss the coordination the girls had going for Vanity Fair's 2002 Oscars party.
- Ashley posed in a sleeveless lace-overlay sheath, crystal-accented sandals, and matching bangles.
- Mary-Kate was all smiles in the exact same ensemble.
Twinning combo: The blond style-setters played with proportions at a 2007 Hampton Social event.
- Ashley belted a ruched velvet skirt under a black blazer, then slipped on a pair of cutout gladiator sandals.
- Mary-Kate accessorized her long-sleeved minidress with a striped scarf, textured fedora, and patent leather mules.
Twinning combo: For the Dior ready-to-wear Spring/Summer 2007 fashion show, the blond stunners bundled up in luxe fabrics.
- Mary-Kate stepped out in a strapless, voluminous creation, which she topped with a red knit beanie, quilted Dior bag, and fur wrap.
- Ashley downplayed her snowy white coat with black separates and a dark green crocodile bag.
Twinning combo: The girls brought their effortlessly cool style to the 2004 MTV Video Music Awards, styling ladylike dresses with a dash of flair.
- Mary-Kate oozed boho-chic glamour in a strapless laser-cut dress, caged sandals, and a few floral accessories.
- Ashley styled a silky, printed pink dress with white sling-backs and breezy beach waves.
Twinning combo: In October 2012, the Olsen sisters hit the WSJ Magazine's Innovator of the Year Awards in moody hues, both by The Row.
- Ashley worked a silky black V-neck dress with pleated panels, while toting all her party essentials in a burgundy bag by The Row.
- Mary-Kate beat the Winter blues in a sleek navy suit of tapered pants and a tailored blazer featuring a soft waterfall detail.
Twinning combo: Proving their expertise in mixing eclectic prints with textures, Mary-Kate and Ashley turned heads at the 2011 Tribeca Film Festival.
- Ashley shrugged a burlap-hued shawl over her black-and-silver brocade maxi, then tossed on an array of boho-chic necklaces and rings.
- Mary-Kate's love of fur extended with a cropped orange-and-red creation, coordinating trousers, and python sandals.
Twinning combo: During an August 2009 Elizabeth and James  presentation in Toronto, the girls paired their Summer basics with embellished platform sandals.
- Mary-Kate slipped on a belted black coatdress and jeweled Miu Miu  sandals.
- Ashley paired a ribbed sweater with cuffed white shorts and t-strap Prada  sandals.
Twinning combo: Each girl put her own twist on cute yet casual styling for Antony Micallef's debut LA Show, Impure Idols, in September 2007.
- Mary-Kate worked a quilted jacket over her black basics, then completed her edgy ensemble with caged sandals and a bevy of statement rings.
- Ashley layered up in a black sweater, multicolored tweed jacket, sheen black leggings, and patent Christian Louboutin  boots.
Twinning combo: High-wattage prints and high-octane hues were the look of choice at the 32nd American Image Awards in 2010.
- Mary-Kate belted a metallic chevron-print wrap over her black staples, then slipped on a pair of leather ankle boots.
- Ashley was all smiles in a sheer floral gown and dual-strap sandals.
Twinning combo: For the NYC premiere of New York Minute, the leading ladies coordinated in earth tones and feminine fabrics.
- Ashley went minimalistic in a silky bronze slip dress and two-strap sandals.
- Mary-Kate played with color and prints in a polka-dot chiffon confection and pink pointed pumps.
Twinning combo: At the 2011 Met Gala, the pint-size trendsetters opted for gowns with Spanish influence.
- Mary-Kate revved up the red carpet in a red-and-green vintage Givenchy  Couture selection with a coordinating Judith Leiber  clutch.
- Ashley stunned in a dramatically sleeved vintage Christian Dior  number, complete with thigh-high slit.
Twinning combo: Mary-Kate and Ashley showed yet another example of their fashion prowess, working Winter-ready looks for the seventh annual Art + Photography Auction Benefit in 2006.
- Mary-Kate layered up in a silky tunic, opaque tights, and satin pumps.
- Ashley tucked a fitted white tank into high-waisted herringbone trousers, then finished off with a woven red clutch.
Twinning combo: Midi dresses and stacks of accessories were all the rage for The Hollywood Reporter's Women in Entertainment Power 100 Breakfast in December 2003.
- Ashley topped her drop-waist dress with a gauzy wrap, complete with an orange rose brooch.
- Mary-Kate donned a light-blue metallic-trim number with dark red pumps.
Twinning combo: For the 2009 Opening Ceremony Japan opening reception party (phew, that was a mouthful), it was all about the accessories — lace ears, embellished bags, and killer shades, to be exact.
- Ashley jazzed up her black slip dress with chain-detail Prada  sandals, cute mouse ears, and a rose-print Prada bag.
- Mary-Kate stayed true to her edgy style with a textured black mini, lace bunny ears, and an orange studded bag.
Twinning combo: For a 2008 NYC book signing, both girls proved neutral separates can be just as stylish as their printed and textured counterparts.
- Mary-Kate went monochromatic in a black shirtdress and patent pumps.
accessorized her soft white blouse with black leather pants and gray suede pumps.
Twinning combo: The girls beat the Winter blues in brilliant coordinating gowns at the 2005 ACE Awards in NYC.
- Mary-Kate lightened up the red carpet in a baby-blue strapless number, strappy gold sandals, and a few matching jewels.
- Ashley let her plunging navy gown do all the talking, accessorizing with only a sequined clutch.
Twinning combo: The twins doubled down on texture and embellishments during a launch dinner for The Row in 2007.
- Ashley went edgy in a fringed blazer and studded leather boots.
- Mary-Kate played nicely with a furry white jacket, black mini, and printed tights.
Twinning combo: During a 2008 LA book signing for Influence, the twins turned up the edge with pops of leather.
- Ashley wore a velour coat with a charcoal sweater, leather miniskirt, and classic pumps.
- Mary-Kate paired her shirtdress with a red leather belt and zippered leather peep-toe booties.
Twinning combo: Complementing furs and matching leather totes were the girls' look of choice for the CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Awards in 2003.
- Mary-Kate fused fur, leather, and wool to create her monochromatic look.
- Ashley layered a plush ombré topper over her jacquard maxi skirt.
Twinning combo: The girls offset their grown-up gowns with sweet, tousled curls for an amfAR event in 2005.
- Mary-Kate added a pop of color to her tiered crepe dress with a cropped red satin jacket and a few bangles.
glowed in a plunging striped gown with minimal accessories.
Twinning combo: The girls donned borrowed-from-the-boys looks for an April 2011 Textile Elizabeth and James  event in Beverly Hills.
- Mary-Kate toned down her black leather pants with a chambray button-down.
- Ashley styled her Textile Elizabeth and James  boyfriend jeans with a cozy pink cardigan and cap-toe ballet flats.
Twinning combo: Mary-Kate and Ashley chose lovely lace numbers for the Chanel Costume Institute Gala opening in May 2005.
- Ashley posed in a shimmering strapless dress with foiled lace appliqués, satin sandals, and strands of statement necklaces.
- Mary-Kate wowed in a floor-length lace gown, fiery curls, and layers of eclectic necklaces.
Twinning combo: For a December 2006 charity event, Mary-Kate and Ashley stepped out with a dash of feminine detail added to their all-black ensembles.
- Mary-Kate worked a paneled LBD with corseted bodice and ruffle hem and covered her shoulders with a fur shrug.
- Ashley was perfectly poised in her monochromatic look with tie-neck detail.
Twinning combo: For Christian Louboutin 's November 2011 soiree the girls styled all-black ensembles with statement-making shoes.
- Ashley juxtaposed edgy leather leggings with a smart tweed jacket and Christian Louboutin tasseled driving loafers.
- Mary-Kate injected a pop of print with a leopard clutch and matching ankle booties, both by Christian Louboutin.
Twinning combo: It was all about a statement-making shoe for the JCP People Stylewatch event in September 2011.
- Mary-Kate went rocker-chic in black leather pants, an oversize blazer, and tribal suede ankle boots.
- Ashley polished off her pinstriped silk shirtdress with ornate printed pumps.
Twinning combo: For the 2004 Kids' Choice Awards, Mary-Kate and Ashley beat the Spring blues in navy-based styles.
- Mary-Kate looked effortlessly radiant in a plunging navy dress, jeweled sandals, and a printed orange minibag.
- Ashley paired a striped navy halter with earthy silk trousers and gold metallic sandals.
Twinning combo: The girls have mastered the art of monochromatic dressing as shown by this front-row look during Paris Fashion Week Spring/Summer 2012.
- Ashley paired a puff-sleeved top with a silky maxi skirt and leather sandals.
- Mary-Kate buttoned up in a black oxford shirt, fringed skirt, and tuxedo jacket.
Twinning combo: The honorees looked picture perfect in silky pastel dresses and prim pumps while accepting their star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 2003.
- Ashley wore a white flutter-sleeve dress with beaded embellishments and snakeskin pumps.
- Mary-Kate complemented her lilac halter with navy suede peep-toe pumps and chandelier earrings.
Twinning combo: At the 2007 In Style and Warner Bros. Golden Globes afterparty, the blond beauties shined bright in metallic gowns.
- Mary-Kate styled a plunging gold shimmer gown with a plush fur wrap and leopard peep-toe pumps.
- Ashley suited up in a sheer embellished gown-and-emerald crocodile clutch.
Twinning combo: For the Hollywood premiere of New York Minute, Mary-Kate and Ashley channeled the roaring 20s in ladylike looks accessorized with strands of pearls.
- Ashley chose a gray pleated halter with metallic sandals and a glistening clutch.
- Mary-Kate paired a tiered lace dress with pink pointed pumps and a white leather clutch.
Twinning combo: The girls sat front row at the Jenni Kayne  Fall 2007 show donning plush fur outerwear.
- Mary-Kate styled her rich cream-colored coat with black leggings and chunky ankle boots.
- Ashley showed her support for Jenni Kayne donning a lavish fur vest from her collection with true-blue denim and ankle-strap pumps.
Twinning combo: During Fall 2006 NYFW season, the designing duo opted for decadent gowns and soft curls.
- Ashley roughed up her blush velour gown, complete with sparkling bodice, with a cropped leather jacket.
- Mary-Kate's sheer, tiered, and bead-embellished gown was absolutely stunning.
Twinning combo: At the Hollywood premiere of Rush Hour 2, the duo styled silky halter tops with low-slung trousers and the same strappy sandals.
- Ashley stayed true to her minimalistic style, working a black-and-gray color scheme.
- Mary-Kate balanced her fiery red top with classic black pants.
Twinning combo: The twins put their cool-girl spin on cargo pants at a Textile Elizabeth and James  celebration in 2011.
- Mary-Kate opted for a Fall-friendly palette wearing a black crocodile sweater with rust-hued pants and pointed pumps.
- Ashley went cheeky in a fox-print sweater, cuffed army-green pants, and futuristic mint Mary Janes.
Twinning combo: The girls made a serious case for the little white dress and long white gown at a November 2007 dinner.
- Mary-Kate nailed the beach-babe look in a short white Giambattista Valli  design, which she paired with neon-detailed platforms and a colorful wristlet.
- Ashley took the long approach in a sleek cutout Calvin Klein  gown and minimal accessories.
Twinning combo: For the 2013 CFDA Fashion Awards nominations, the designing duo amped up their signature styles with two different but equally cool kicks.
- Ashley styled a cashmere sweater with patent sling-backs.
- Mary-Kate tempered her fur-trim coat with rugged lace-up leather boots.
Twinning combo: The statement-making duo swapped their polished separates for cozy swing dresses at an LA trunk show.
- Ashley chose a pristine white number with contrasting black pumps and an embellished box clutch.
- Mary-Kate worked a pearlized linen dress with opaque black tights and matching pumps while toting an iridescent satchel.
Twinning combo: The Olsens celebrated Tim Burton at a November 2009 MOMA film benefit with quirky couture styles and matching black leather satchels.
- Ashley played up her faint blue streaks with a ruffled turquoise dress and mustard-colored satin pumps.
- Mary-Kate channeled Tim Burton's quirky side with a leopard coat, wide-leg trousers, and a porkpie hat.
Twinning combo: Both girls fused feminine separates with a dash of menswear flair at Coty 's 100th anniversary celebration in New York City.
- Ashley's supple leather jacket roughed up her sweet updo and fitted black trousers.
- Mary-Kate cuffed a long black coat over a red, lace-trim slip dress.
Twinning combo: A little crochet never hurt anyone. The girls celebrated the launch of MARKTBeauty.com in lots of boho-chic layers.
- Mary-Kate softened her black leather look with a cream-colored crochet wrap.
- Ashley wrapped a multicolored crocheted scarf over her white-and-black look.
Twinning combo: The sisters donned draping black separates for the LA Jenni Kayne  store opening in October 2007.
- Mary-Kate added a wide leather belt to her ruffled coatdress and peep-toe Christian Louboutins.
- Ashley slipped a pair of wide-leg gray trousers under her silky black blazer.
Twinning combo: For the 2010 ELLE Style Awards, Mary-Kate and Ashley chose sexy sheer-overlay gowns.
- Mary-Kate worked the darker angle in a black satin and tulle gown with black leather gloves and a knotted ascot.
- Ashley was wrapped up in a frothy Christian Lacroix  creation, complete with a blue-streaked train, and tulle lace-up Fendi  platforms.
Twinning combo: Mary-Kate and Ashley styled washed denim with oversize cowboy belts and gauzy tops during a 2005 charity photocall in London.
- Ashley chose a ruffle-detail blouse and pointed pumps.
- Mary-Kate went full-on boho-chic in a printed tunic and leather clogs.
Twinning combo: Ruffle-hemmed minis and blue peep-toe pumps were the ladies' looks of choice for the 2003 premiere of The Last Samurai in Hollywood.
- Mary-Kate posed in a deep-purple dress, bow-accented velour coat, patent teal pumps, and a matching clutch.
- Ashley's navy suede pumps popped against her all-black ensemble.
Twinning combo: The girls had us dreaming of the tropics at the Charlie's Angels 2 — Full Throttle Hollywood premiere in 2003.
- Mary-Kate turned heads in a vibrant, geisha-inspired wrap dress, gold sandals, and an embellished hairpin.
- Ashley chose a floral halter dress and two diamond necklaces.
Twinning combo: The girls paired feminine dresses with pointed kitten heels while visiting MTV's TRL studio in May 2004.
- Ashley hammed it up in a black body-con halter and silver metallic kitten heels.
was all smiles in a cream lace sheath and green pointed kitten heels.
Twinning combo: For the LA premiere of The Hangover, the girls evoked a simplistic '60s vibe.
- Ashley went minimalistic in a black slip dress and dual-strap sandals.
- Mary-Kate complemented her printed mini with rose-tinted sunglasses, a fringed bag, and python pumps.
Twinning combo: The girls donned contrasting column gowns for the 25th CFDA Fashion Awards in June 2007.
- Ashley borrowed her sister's edgy effervescence in a black tuxedo gown and slick updo.
- Mary-Kate took a page from her sister's pristine playbook, working a darling white kimono-style wrap gown.
Twinning combo: Mary-Kate and Ashley visited the Toronto MuchMusic Studios in 2006 showcasing their knack for creating effortlessly chic ensembles.
- Mary-Kate complemented her metallic-brushed mini with dual-strap sandals and a few statement rings.
- Ashley took her LBD to new heights via stacks of necklaces, bracelets, and red-hot peep-toes.
Twinning combo: The dynamic duo upped the glam factor with feathered bags and red-hot lipstick at the 2006 Met Gala.
- Mary-Kate posed next to her partner in crime donning a slinky black gown by Badgley Mischka  with lace sleeves and a white feathered bag.
- Ashley polished off her beaded Badgley Mischka creation with a black feather clutch and diamond cluster earrings.
Twinning combo: At a 2001 Jive Records event, the girls mirrored each other's style with nameplate chokers, embellished belts, and strappy sandals.
- Mary-Kate styled her black tank with a sheer-panel skirt and Western-inspired belt.
- Ashley accessorized her black halter and low-slung trousers with a printed Gucci  belt and matching tote.
Twinning combo: For their 2008 Elizabeth and James  launch at Selfridges, Mary-Kate and Ashley proved the power of black leather.
- Mary-Kate wore a draping watercolor Elizabeth and James top over black shorts, then finished her casual look with an oversize blazer and over-the-knee leather boots.
- Ashley turned up the heat in a corseted top, black leather pants, and geometric Manolo Blahnik  pumps.
Twinning combo: For the 2006 Independent Spirit Awards, Mary-Kate and Ashley chose easy, breezy silhouettes in staple hues.
- Ashley paired her white slip dress with a shrunken leather jacket and black peep-toes.
- Mary-Kate donned a draping black gown with full sleeves and red peep-toe pumps.
Twinning combo: Stacks of bracelets, slick black clutches, and strappy sandals? Check! The girls were ready to take on the big city in June 2007.
- Ashley added a dash of dazzle to her black-on-black look with three diamond bracelets.
- Mary-Kate layered an oversize black jacket over her white maxi, then slipped on a few animal bangles for the final touch.
Twinning combo: Breezy beach waves tempered their moody gowns at the 2002 Emmy Awards.
- Mary-Kate smiled in a ruched high-low black dress, star-embellished sandals, and a minaudière.
- Ashley chose a silky, chocolate-colored floor-length gown and matching clutch.
Twinning combo: The girls attended The Hollywood Reporter's annual party in velour blazers and office-ready separates.
- Ashley struck a pose in a light velour blazer, loose black skirt, and patent pumps.
- Mary-Kate married black and brown in a textured topper, wide-leg trousers, and pointed pumps.
Twinning combo: The Olsens hit the NYC screening of Midnight in Paris oozing Parisian-chic sophistication.
- Mary-Kate warmed up in a long black silk coat and fiery red rounded pumps.
- Ashley looked whimsical in a sheer polka-dot dress and black crocodile pumps.
Twinning combo: At the 2002 MTV VMAs, the Olsens partied the night away in age-appropriate ensembles.
- Ashley tempered her leather pencil skirt with an iridescent blouse and black sandals.
- Mary-Kate stood out in printed velour pants.