We spent our childhoods doing our best to channel Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen's colorful onscreen style , and the duo has come a long way since they were Winning London and Switching Goals. These days, instead of getting attention for their time in front of the camera, the stylish sisters  are winning accolades for their work as fashion designers. The veteran entrepreneurs have helmed multiple clothing lines and a handbag collection that has the fashion world talking (and shopping).
After Mary-Kate and Ashley scored two prestigious CFDA Award nominations this year, the duo took home the prize  for womenswear designer of the year for their work on The Row. Add that to their previous win in 2012, and it's clear that these two continue to set the trends. And if you want a little extra proof that the duo deserves their win, all you need to do is take a look back at their trendsetting red carpet style. Each sister has developed a look that's all her own — Ashley tends more towards sleek minimalism, and Mary Kate pioneered bohemian chic — but together they have attracted legions of fans who worship there unique style. Read on for 90 inspiring moments that prove that when it comes to (t)winning, it takes two.
— Additional reporting by Mandi Villa
Twinning combo: The duo donned what they called "f*ck it flats"  while accepting their award for womenswear designers of the year at the 2015 CFDA Awards.
- Ashley paired her Chanel flats with silky separates.
- Mary-Kate kept her style cozy in Chanel loafers, black turtleneck, and long coat.
Twinning combo: M-K and A brought the drama in all black at the 2015 Met Gala.
- Ashley looked glamorous in a Victorian-inspired style.
- Mary-Kate pinned shimmering brooches on her luxe coatdress.
Twinning combo: Cozy coats were the style of choice at the 2015 CFDA announcement party.
- Ashley sported a knee-length tuxedo coat in her signature black.
- Mary-Kate accessorized her gray floor-length coat with a white scarf.
Twinning combo: The high-style sisters showed minimal skin while attending the World of Children Awards in 2014.
- Ashley, in an unusual move for the usually monochromatic dresser, went bold in a funky striped skirt.
- Mary-Kate pumped up the volume in a cocoon coat.
Twinning combo: At the 2014 CFDA awards, the duo covered up in demure dresses.
- Ashley added pearls for an extra hint of sophistication.
- Mary-Kate kept her outfit from looking dowdy by adding sexy lace-up stilettos.
Twinning combo: So bright, they've gotta wear shades. Ashley and Mary-Kate accessorized their March 2011 Metropolitan Opera looks with matching oversize round sunglasses.
- Ashley kept cozy in an emerald-green fur stole over her jacquard sheath dress.
- Mary-Kate topped her sheer, polka-dot maxi dress with a metallic shawl-collar coat.
Twinning combo: Both girls wore eye-catching jackets and no-fuss beach waves for Nine's New York premiere in December 2009.
- Mary-Kate brought major spunk in a shimmering harlequin jacket and cobalt leather clutch.
- Ashley proved all-black is anything but boring in a cropped feathered jacket, silk trousers, and slick leather gloves.
Twinning combo: For the 2011 CFDA Fashion Awards, both girls kicked it into high gear with high-shine pieces.
- Mary-Kate donned an embellished gold Chanel topper, black high-low skirt, and pastel bag by The Row.
- Ashley went a little more subtle in a sheen, baby-blue creation and burnt-orange crocodile bag, both by The Row, with metallic ankle-strap pumps.
Twinning combo: At the 2014 Met Gala, the Olsens went vintage and voluminous.
- Ashley donned a military-inspired Gianfranco Ferré featuring a luxe jacquard texture.
- Mary-Kate floated down the famous steps in striped Chanel.
Twinning combo: Mary-Kate and Ashley exuded schoolgirl charm while visiting the MuchOnDemand TV studio in Toronto in March 2009.
- Mary-Kate was made for plaid in her Elizabeth and James  boyfriend jacket and python Prada  sandals.
- Ashley tucked a blush-pink blouse into cuffed gray trousers, then slipped on her trusty Prada sandals for a touch of edge.
Twinning combo: For the 2013 Met Gala, the style-setters upped the drama with vintage selections.
- Ashley chose a beaded orange creation with gauzy overlay from Dior Couture.
- Mary-Kate topped her beaded drop-waist Chanel dress with an embroidered, fur-trimmed robe.
Twinning combo: If black is the color of power, then the Olsens were reigning queens at the J. Mendel show during Fall 2012 New York Fashion Week.
- Ashley donned an all-black suit with retro shades.
- Mary-Kate took inspiration from her twin working the exact same look.
Twinning combo: Once again proving it's all about a statement coat at amfAR's Fall 2010 Fashion Week kickoff party.
- Mary-Kate upped the intrigue by layering a full-feathered jacket over her sheer-overlay dress.
- Ashley topped her silk champagne separates with a black-and-gold geometric-print jacket.
Twinning combo: For Balenciaga 's 2006 Paris launch, the girls styled two different but equally chic cropped coats with their black-on-black looks.
- Mary-Kate layered a cropped fur topper over her simple black dress while toting an oversize red clutch.
- Ashley went preppy in tuxedo-stripe pants and a ruffled tartan coat.
Twinning combo: The girls coordinated more than their sheer monochromatic ensembles, both opting for white clutches and blackout shades for the Broadway opening of Lend Me a Tendor in April 2010.
- Mary-Kate worked a dual-textured coat over her sheer-overlay dress, then added a pop of flair via a white Proenza Schouler  clutch.
- Ashley embraced her girlie side in a sheer-overlay dress with bow details and dainty ankle-strap sandals.
Twinning combo: Donning exquisite couture creations, both girls followed the "Model as Muse" theme at the 2009 Costume Institute Gala.
- Ashley was angelic in a draping, long-sleeved white gown with a plunging back.
- Mary-Kate looked statuesque in a tiered, Victorian-inspired Christian Lacroix  gown and a perfectly messy half-up 'do.
Twinning combo: The duo looked absolutely stunning in peekaboo Diane von Furstenberg  gowns while posing next to Christian Louboutin  on the 2008 Met Gala red carpet.
- Ashley flaunted her fit figure in a black cutout gown.
- Mary-Kate glowed in a gold sequined number, complete with plunging neckline and thigh-high slit.
Twinning combo: The sisters jazzed up their signature all-black looks with luxe fur toppers at WWD's 100 Anniversary celebration in November 2010.
- Ashley was cozy-chic in a long, fur-trimmed coat and jeweled satin pumps.
- Mary-Kate chose a shorter plush topper, leather skirt, and zigzag-print tights.
Twinning combo: For the 2002 LA premiere of Austin Powers in Goldmember, the Cali-cool combo styled their coordinating butterfly-print tops with black basics.
- Ashley stuck with a dark palette, pairing her printed top with cropped black pants and buckle-accented sandals.
- Mary-Kate injected a pop of color via a burnt-orange blouse and a few beaded accessories.
Twinning combo: In May 2010, MK&A married prints and patterns at The Art of Elysium and Versus's "Bright Lights" fundraiser in NYC.
- Mary-Kate topped her brilliant blue printed mini with a leopard cape and serious stacks of arm candy.
- Ashley cinched her paneled lace Comme des Garcons  dress with a chocolate-brown leather jacket.
Twinning combo: The stylish sisters had tails wagging in two plunging belted gowns at the 2007 Costume Institute Gala in NYC.
- Mary-Kate oozed gothic glamour in a full-feathered creation, sweeping updo, and gold-trim box clutch.
- Ashley wore a white pleated gown with a contrasting black leather belt and sleek white clutch.
Twinning combo: For the 2006 CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Awards, the girls donned Autumn-friendly hues and textured box clutches.
- Mary-Kate was Fall-ready in a leafy mustard-yellow wrap gown and suede cobalt clutch.
- Ashley played up her dark locks in a sheer green dress, black patent leather clutch, and a few layered necklaces.
Twinning combo: The blond duo posed in cinched dresses and black tights for the JCPenney 's Best of Spring Showcase in March 2010.
- Mary-Kate stuck with an all-black palette in a cinched Dries Van Noten blazer and suede booties.
- Ashley married navy and black in a sleeveless wool-blend minidress by Jil Sander  with black tights and Mary Janes.
Twinning combo: At the 2009 CFDA new members reception, the darling duo polished their gorgeous gowns with ornate jackets.
- Mary-Kate topped her black gown with a velour brocade jacket and colorful miniclutch.
- Ashley contrasted her cream-colored crepe gown with a black tweed jacket and burgundy platforms.
Twinning combo: During Spring 2005 New York Fashion Week, the Olsens proved the power of statement outerwear, bundling up in two noteworthy coats.
- Mary-Kate played the color card, layering an apple-green coat over her punchy slip dress.
- Ashley warmed up in a luxe, chocolate-colored fur and light-wash denim.
Twinning combo: The designing sisters celebrated their 2012 CFDA Womenswear Designer of the Year Award in rich hues and silky silhouettes, both by The Row.
- Ashley pumped up the color in a deep fuchsia gown with cascading front-ruffle detail and a no-fuss updo.
- Mary-Kate went for a darker look, owning a black long-sleeved silk dress with a high-low hem, then slipping on dazzling diamond drop earrings for a pop of shine.
Twinning combo: For the Fresh Air Fund's Salute to American Heroes event in July 2012, the twins coordinated their cocktail-chic ensembles, both by The Row, by choosing sleek hues at opposite ends of the color spectrum.
- Ashley looked angelic in a fitted and textured white halter dress, which she accessorized with sling-back pointed-toe pumps and stacks of gold bangles.
- Mary-Kate stepped out in a kimono-style black sheath, complete with a sash at the waist, and colorblock sandals.
Twinning combo: For Vanity Fair's Tribeca Film Festival party, the twins chose girlie prints and hues.
- Ashley styled a business-chic ensemble — polka-dot blouse and silky wide-leg trousers — with olive-green pumps and an orange leather clutch.
- Mary-Kate posed in a studded turtleneck, flowy pink skirt, matching kitten heels, and a hot-pink rose clutch.
Twinning combo: It was all about leather jackets and black maxis for the Giambattista Valli  Fall/Winter 2007 show during Paris Fashion Week.
- Mary-Kate finished off her LBG — long black gown — with an open leather jacket, satin turbin, and beaded bag.
- Ashley zipped her soft leather topper over a dramatic lace gown and toted a black crocodile bag.
Twinning combo: The girls took in the Chanel Fall/Winter 2008 show with killer eyewear.
- Ashley paired a long, white tweed coat with black ankle boots, a quilted bag, and oversize shades.
- Mary-Kate went sporty in a gray sweater, black leather leggings, and YSL platforms and a printed headscarf.
Twinning combo: Both girls nailed the goth-glam vibe for the 2007/2008 Chanel Cruise Show in Santa Monica.
- Mary-Kate paired a dramatic black gown with a studded leather belt and chocolate-colored fur vest.
- Ashley put her toned stems on display in a black bandage skirt, fitted blazer, and high-collar white blouse. Her multistrand diamond necklace and caged sandals were the perfect finishing touches.
Twinning combo: The twins made a statement in printed separates for Starsky & Hutch's LA premiere.
- Ashley balanced her geometric-print midi skirt with a short-sleeved crocheted sweater and satin pumps.
- Mary-Kate spiced up her ruffled green skirt with a leaf-print sweater and wing-tipped sling-back pumps.
Twinning combo: You would have to be blind to miss the coordination the girls had going for Vanity Fair's 2002 Oscars party.
- Ashley posed in a sleeveless lace-overlay sheath, crystal-accented sandals, and matching bangles.
- Mary-Kate was all smiles in the exact same ensemble.
Twinning combo: The blond style-setters played with proportions at a 2007 Hampton Social event.
- Ashley belted a ruched velvet skirt under a black blazer, then slipped on a pair of cutout gladiator sandals.
- Mary-Kate accessorized her long-sleeved minidress with a striped scarf, textured fedora, and patent leather mules.
Twinning combo: For the Dior ready-to-wear Spring/Summer 2007 fashion show, the blond stunners bundled up in luxe fabrics.
- Mary-Kate stepped out in a strapless, voluminous creation, which she topped with a red knit beanie, quilted Dior bag, and fur wrap.
- Ashley downplayed her snowy white coat with black separates and a dark green crocodile bag.
Twinning combo: The girls brought their effortlessly cool style to the 2004 MTV Video Music Awards, styling ladylike dresses with a dash of flair.
- Mary-Kate oozed boho-chic glamour in a strapless laser-cut dress, caged sandals, and a few floral accessories.
- Ashley styled a silky, printed pink dress with white sling-backs and breezy beach waves.
Twinning combo: In October 2012, the Olsen sisters hit the WSJ Magazine's Innovator of the Year Awards in moody hues, both by The Row.
- Ashley worked a silky black V-neck dress with pleated panels, while toting all her party essentials in a burgundy bag by The Row.
- Mary-Kate beat the Winter blues in a sleek navy suit of tapered pants and a tailored blazer featuring a soft waterfall detail.
Twinning combo: Proving their expertise in mixing eclectic prints with textures, Mary-Kate and Ashley turned heads at the 2011 Tribeca Film Festival.
- Ashley shrugged a burlap-hued shawl over her black-and-silver brocade maxi, then tossed on an array of boho-chic necklaces and rings.
- Mary-Kate's love of fur extended with a cropped orange-and-red creation, coordinating trousers, and python sandals.
Twinning combo: During an August 2009 Elizabeth and James  presentation in Toronto, the girls paired their Summer basics with embellished platform sandals.
- Mary-Kate slipped on a belted black coatdress and jeweled Miu Miu  sandals.
- Ashley paired a ribbed sweater with cuffed white shorts and t-strap Prada  sandals.
Twinning combo: Each girl put her own twist on cute yet casual styling for Antony Micallef's debut LA Show, Impure Idols, in September 2007.
- Mary-Kate worked a quilted jacket over her black basics, then completed her edgy ensemble with caged sandals and a bevy of statement rings.
- Ashley layered up in a black sweater, multicolored tweed jacket, sheen black leggings, and patent Christian Louboutin  boots.
Twinning combo: High-wattage prints and high-octane hues were the look of choice at the 32nd American Image Awards in 2010.
- Mary-Kate belted a metallic chevron-print wrap over her black staples, then slipped on a pair of leather ankle boots.
- Ashley was all smiles in a sheer floral gown and dual-strap sandals.
Twinning combo: For the NYC premiere of New York Minute, the leading ladies coordinated in earth tones and feminine fabrics.
- Ashley went minimalistic in a silky bronze slip dress and two-strap sandals.
- Mary-Kate played with color and prints in a polka-dot chiffon confection and pink pointed pumps.
Twinning combo: At the 2011 Met Gala, the pint-size trendsetters opted for gowns with Spanish influence.
- Mary-Kate revved up the red carpet in a red-and-green vintage Givenchy  Couture selection with a coordinating Judith Leiber  clutch.
- Ashley stunned in a dramatically sleeved vintage Christian Dior  number, complete with thigh-high slit.
Twinning combo: Mary-Kate and Ashley showed yet another example of their fashion prowess, working Winter-ready looks for the seventh annual Art + Photography Auction Benefit in 2006.
- Mary-Kate layered up in a silky tunic, opaque tights, and satin pumps.
- Ashley tucked a fitted white tank into high-waisted herringbone trousers, then finished off with a woven red clutch.
Twinning combo: Midi dresses and stacks of accessories were all the rage for The Hollywood Reporter's Women in Entertainment Power 100 Breakfast in December 2003.
- Ashley topped her drop-waist dress with a gauzy wrap, complete with an orange rose brooch.
- Mary-Kate donned a light-blue metallic-trim number with dark red pumps.
Twinning combo: For the 2009 Opening Ceremony Japan opening reception party (phew, that was a mouthful), it was all about the accessories — lace ears, embellished bags, and killer shades, to be exact.
- Ashley jazzed up her black slip dress with chain-detail Prada  sandals, cute mouse ears, and a rose-print Prada bag.
- Mary-Kate stayed true to her edgy style with a textured black mini, lace bunny ears, and an orange studded bag.
Twinning combo: For a 2008 NYC book signing, both girls proved neutral separates can be just as stylish as their printed and textured counterparts.
- Mary-Kate went monochromatic in a black shirtdress and patent pumps.
accessorized her soft white blouse with black leather pants and gray suede pumps.
Twinning combo: The girls beat the Winter blues in brilliant coordinating gowns at the 2005 ACE Awards in NYC.
- Mary-Kate lightened up the red carpet in a baby-blue strapless number, strappy gold sandals, and a few matching jewels.
- Ashley let her plunging navy gown do all the talking, accessorizing with only a sequined clutch.
Twinning combo: The twins doubled down on texture and embellishments during a launch dinner for The Row in 2007.
- Ashley went edgy in a fringed blazer and studded leather boots.
- Mary-Kate played nicely with a furry white jacket, black mini, and printed tights.
Twinning combo: During a 2008 LA book signing for Influence, the twins turned up the edge with pops of leather.
- Ashley wore a velour coat with a charcoal sweater, leather miniskirt, and classic pumps.
- Mary-Kate paired her shirtdress with a red leather belt and zippered leather peep-toe booties.
Twinning combo: Complementing furs and matching leather totes were the girls' look of choice for the CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Awards in 2003.
- Mary-Kate fused fur, leather, and wool to create her monochromatic look.
- Ashley layered a plush ombré topper over her jacquard maxi skirt.
Twinning combo: The girls offset their grown-up gowns with sweet, tousled curls for an amfAR event in 2005.
- Mary-Kate added a pop of color to her tiered crepe dress with a cropped red satin jacket and a few bangles.
glowed in a plunging striped gown with minimal accessories.
Twinning combo: The girls donned borrowed-from-the-boys looks for an April 2011 Textile Elizabeth and James  event in Beverly Hills.
- Mary-Kate toned down her black leather pants with a chambray button-down.
- Ashley styled her Textile Elizabeth and James  boyfriend jeans with a cozy pink cardigan and cap-toe ballet flats.
Twinning combo: Mary-Kate and Ashley chose lovely lace numbers for the Chanel Costume Institute Gala opening in May 2005.
- Ashley posed in a shimmering strapless dress with foiled lace appliqués, satin sandals, and strands of statement necklaces.
- Mary-Kate wowed in a floor-length lace gown, fiery curls, and layers of eclectic necklaces.
Twinning combo: For a December 2006 charity event, Mary-Kate and Ashley stepped out with a dash of feminine detail added to their all-black ensembles.
- Mary-Kate worked a paneled LBD with corseted bodice and ruffle hem and covered her shoulders with a fur shrug.
- Ashley was perfectly poised in her monochromatic look with tie-neck detail.
Twinning combo: For Christian Louboutin 's November 2011 soiree the girls styled all-black ensembles with statement-making shoes.
- Ashley juxtaposed edgy leather leggings with a smart tweed jacket and Christian Louboutin tasseled driving loafers.
- Mary-Kate injected a pop of print with a leopard clutch and matching ankle booties, both by Christian Louboutin.
Twinning combo: It was all about a statement-making shoe for the JCP People Stylewatch event in September 2011.
- Mary-Kate went rocker-chic in black leather pants, an oversize blazer, and tribal suede ankle boots.
- Ashley polished off her pinstriped silk shirtdress with ornate printed pumps.
Twinning combo: For the 2004 Kids' Choice Awards, Mary-Kate and Ashley beat the Spring blues in navy-based styles.
- Mary-Kate looked effortlessly radiant in a plunging navy dress, jeweled sandals, and a printed orange minibag.
- Ashley paired a striped navy halter with earthy silk trousers and gold metallic sandals.
Twinning combo: The girls have mastered the art of monochromatic dressing as shown by this front-row look during Paris Fashion Week Spring/Summer 2012.
- Ashley paired a puff-sleeved top with a silky maxi skirt and leather sandals.
- Mary-Kate buttoned up in a black oxford shirt, fringed skirt, and tuxedo jacket.
Twinning combo: The honorees looked picture perfect in silky pastel dresses and prim pumps while accepting their star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 2003.
- Ashley wore a white flutter-sleeve dress with beaded embellishments and snakeskin pumps.
- Mary-Kate complemented her lilac halter with navy suede peep-toe pumps and chandelier earrings.
Twinning combo: At the 2007 In Style and Warner Bros. Golden Globes afterparty, the blond beauties shined bright in metallic gowns.
- Mary-Kate styled a plunging gold shimmer gown with a plush fur wrap and leopard peep-toe pumps.
- Ashley suited up in a sheer embellished gown-and-emerald crocodile clutch.
Twinning combo: For the Hollywood premiere of New York Minute, Mary-Kate and Ashley channeled the roaring 20s in ladylike looks accessorized with strands of pearls.
- Ashley chose a gray pleated halter with metallic sandals and a glistening clutch.
- Mary-Kate paired a tiered lace dress with pink pointed pumps and a white leather clutch.
Twinning combo: The girls sat front row at the Jenni Kayne  Fall 2007 show donning plush fur outerwear.
- Mary-Kate styled her rich cream-colored coat with black leggings and chunky ankle boots.
- Ashley showed her support for Jenni Kayne donning a lavish fur vest from her collection with true-blue denim and ankle-strap pumps.
Twinning combo: During Fall 2006 NYFW season, the designing duo opted for decadent gowns and soft curls.
- Ashley roughed up her blush velour gown, complete with sparkling bodice, with a cropped leather jacket.
- Mary-Kate's sheer, tiered, and bead-embellished gown was absolutely stunning.
Twinning combo: At the Hollywood premiere of Rush Hour 2, the duo styled silky halter tops with low-slung trousers and the same strappy sandals.
- Ashley stayed true to her minimalistic style, working a black-and-gray color scheme.
- Mary-Kate balanced her fiery red top with classic black pants.
Twinning combo: The twins put their cool-girl spin on cargo pants at a Textile Elizabeth and James  celebration in 2011.
- Mary-Kate opted for a Fall-friendly palette wearing a black crocodile sweater with rust-hued pants and pointed pumps.
- Ashley went cheeky in a fox-print sweater, cuffed army-green pants, and futuristic mint Mary Janes.
Twinning combo: The girls made a serious case for the little white dress and long white gown at a November 2007 dinner.
- Mary-Kate nailed the beach-babe look in a short white Giambattista Valli  design, which she paired with neon-detailed platforms and a colorful wristlet.
- Ashley took the long approach in a sleek cutout Calvin Klein  gown and minimal accessories.
Twinning combo: For the 2013 CFDA Fashion Awards nominations, the designing duo amped up their signature styles with two different but equally cool kicks.
- Ashley styled a cashmere sweater with patent sling-backs.
- Mary-Kate tempered her fur-trim coat with rugged lace-up leather boots.
Twinning combo: The statement-making duo swapped their polished separates for cozy swing dresses at an LA trunk show.
- Ashley chose a pristine white number with contrasting black pumps and an embellished box clutch.
- Mary-Kate worked a pearlized linen dress with opaque black tights and matching pumps while toting an iridescent satchel.
Twinning combo: The Olsens celebrated Tim Burton at a November 2009 MOMA film benefit with quirky couture styles and matching black leather satchels.
- Ashley played up her faint blue streaks with a ruffled turquoise dress and mustard-colored satin pumps.
- Mary-Kate channeled Tim Burton's quirky side with a leopard coat, wide-leg trousers, and a porkpie hat.
Twinning combo: Both girls fused feminine separates with a dash of menswear flair at Coty 's 100th anniversary celebration in New York City.
- Ashley's supple leather jacket roughed up her sweet updo and fitted black trousers.
- Mary-Kate cuffed a long black coat over a red, lace-trim slip dress.
Twinning combo: A little crochet never hurt anyone. The girls celebrated the launch of MARKTBeauty.com in lots of boho-chic layers.
- Mary-Kate softened her black leather look with a cream-colored crochet wrap.
- Ashley wrapped a multicolored crocheted scarf over her white-and-black look.
Twinning combo: The sisters donned draping black separates for the LA Jenni Kayne  store opening in October 2007.
- Mary-Kate added a wide leather belt to her ruffled coatdress and peep-toe Christian Louboutins.
- Ashley slipped a pair of wide-leg gray trousers under her silky black blazer.
Twinning combo: For the 2010 ELLE Style Awards, Mary-Kate and Ashley chose sexy sheer-overlay gowns.
- Mary-Kate worked the darker angle in a black satin and tulle gown with black leather gloves and a knotted ascot.
- Ashley was wrapped up in a frothy Christian Lacroix  creation, complete with a blue-streaked train, and tulle lace-up Fendi  platforms.
Twinning combo: Mary-Kate and Ashley styled washed denim with oversize cowboy belts and gauzy tops during a 2005 charity photocall in London.
- Ashley chose a ruffle-detail blouse and pointed pumps.
- Mary-Kate went full-on boho-chic in a printed tunic and leather clogs.
Twinning combo: Ruffle-hemmed minis and blue peep-toe pumps were the ladies' looks of choice for the 2003 premiere of The Last Samurai in Hollywood.
- Mary-Kate posed in a deep-purple dress, bow-accented velour coat, patent teal pumps, and a matching clutch.
- Ashley's navy suede pumps popped against her all-black ensemble.
Twinning combo: The girls had us dreaming of the tropics at the Charlie's Angels 2 — Full Throttle Hollywood premiere in 2003.
- Mary-Kate turned heads in a vibrant, geisha-inspired wrap dress, gold sandals, and an embellished hairpin.
- Ashley chose a floral halter dress and two diamond necklaces.
Twinning combo: The girls paired feminine dresses with pointed kitten heels while visiting MTV's TRL studio in May 2004.
- Ashley hammed it up in a black body-con halter and silver metallic kitten heels.
was all smiles in a cream lace sheath and green pointed kitten heels.
Twinning combo: For the LA premiere of The Hangover, the girls evoked a simplistic '60s vibe.
- Ashley went minimalistic in a black slip dress and dual-strap sandals.
- Mary-Kate complemented her printed mini with rose-tinted sunglasses, a fringed bag, and python pumps.
Twinning combo: The girls donned contrasting column gowns for the 25th CFDA Fashion Awards in June 2007.
- Ashley borrowed her sister's edgy effervescence in a black tuxedo gown and slick updo.
- Mary-Kate took a page from her sister's pristine playbook, working a darling white kimono-style wrap gown.
Twinning combo: Mary-Kate and Ashley visited the Toronto MuchMusic Studios in 2006 showcasing their knack for creating effortlessly chic ensembles.
- Mary-Kate complemented her metallic-brushed mini with dual-strap sandals and a few statement rings.
- Ashley took her LBD to new heights via stacks of necklaces, bracelets, and red-hot peep-toes.
Twinning combo: The dynamic duo upped the glam factor with feathered bags and red-hot lipstick at the 2006 Met Gala.
- Mary-Kate posed next to her partner in crime donning a slinky black gown by Badgley Mischka  with lace sleeves and a white feathered bag.
- Ashley polished off her beaded Badgley Mischka creation with a black feather clutch and diamond cluster earrings.
Twinning combo: At a 2001 Jive Records event, the girls mirrored each other's style with nameplate chokers, embellished belts, and strappy sandals.
- Mary-Kate styled her black tank with a sheer-panel skirt and Western-inspired belt.
- Ashley accessorized her black halter and low-slung trousers with a printed Gucci  belt and matching tote.
Twinning combo: For their 2008 Elizabeth and James  launch at Selfridges , Mary-Kate and Ashley proved the power of black leather.
- Mary-Kate wore a draping watercolor Elizabeth and James top over black shorts, then finished her casual look with an oversize blazer and over-the-knee leather boots.
- Ashley turned up the heat in a corseted top, black leather pants, and geometric Manolo Blahnik  pumps.
Twinning combo: For the 2006 Independent Spirit Awards, Mary-Kate and Ashley chose easy, breezy silhouettes in staple hues.
- Ashley paired her white slip dress with a shrunken leather jacket and black peep-toes.
- Mary-Kate donned a draping black gown with full sleeves and red peep-toe pumps.
Twinning combo: Stacks of bracelets, slick black clutches, and strappy sandals? Check! The girls were ready to take on the big city in June 2007.
- Ashley added a dash of dazzle to her black-on-black look with three diamond bracelets.
- Mary-Kate layered an oversize black jacket over her white maxi, then slipped on a few animal bangles for the final touch.
Twinning combo: Breezy beach waves tempered their moody gowns at the 2002 Emmy Awards.
- Mary-Kate smiled in a ruched high-low black dress, star-embellished sandals, and a minaudière.
- Ashley chose a silky, chocolate-colored floor-length gown and matching clutch.
Twinning combo: The girls attended The Hollywood Reporter's annual party in velour blazers and office-ready separates.
- Ashley struck a pose in a light velour blazer, loose black skirt, and patent pumps.
- Mary-Kate married black and brown in a textured topper, wide-leg trousers, and pointed pumps.
Twinning combo: The Olsens hit the NYC screening of Midnight in Paris oozing Parisian-chic sophistication.
- Mary-Kate warmed up in a long black silk coat and fiery red rounded pumps.
- Ashley looked whimsical in a sheer polka-dot dress and black crocodile pumps.
Twinning combo: At the 2002 MTV VMAs, the Olsens partied the night away in age-appropriate ensembles.
- Ashley tempered her leather pencil skirt with an iridescent blouse and black sandals.
- Mary-Kate stood out in printed velour pants.