How naive were we before Mean Girls? We didn't know fetch (nor not to try to make it happen — duly noted, Regina) and were often caught wearing colors other than pink on Wednesday. But thankfully, we've now memorized every line of the movie — and we all know the style lessons it taught us like the back of our hand.
But let's be honest, most of the tips and tricks we learned — from how to compliment a best friend's outfit to starting new trends — we learned from Regina George. And she'd be nothing without Rachel McAdams , right? So on the actress's 36th birthday, we're brushing up on Regina's most memorable fashion moments and quite a few others. Scroll down to study up.
— Additional reporting by John Soper
1. You may have to sacrifice fashion for friendship.
2. Never be afraid to embrace new trends.
3. Because you never know who's going to start wearing it next . . .
4. Your friends might be lying when they say they like your skirt.
5. The gym is totally worthy of a fashion moment.
6. You can make any injury a fashion statement.
7. Always have a backup dress.
8. It can be fun to match outfits.
9. It's OK not to wear as many layers on Halloween .
10. For example, lingerie is totally appropriate.
11. But it's totally appropriate to scare the living daylight out of people too.
12. And sometimes it's OK to dress down.
13. But fashion has rules — don't break them!
14. Every day is a shopping day — even school days.
Source: Paramount Pictures