Considering this morning's news that Occupy Wall Street protesters were planning to shut down the show, it was nice to see that Calvin Klein's Fall runway presentation went off without a hitch. Francisco Costa showed pieces that prove you can be sexy without showing off absolutely everything — the designer sent loose, hourglass-shaped frocks and pleated pants down the runway, sticking to a chic, sensible color palette of black and off-white with a few pops of red thrown in. The perfect wardrobe for working women — or the girl who wants to invest in one piece to wear forever — Costa's Fall collection was decidedly modern, with a hint of mystery and subtle seduction. Get the breakdown below.
- Trends: Textured wool, leather panels, hourglass silhouettes.
- Colors: Black, bone, red.
- Key Piece: The poppy-hued, wool-mohair collarless coat cinched with a simple silver belt.
- Accessories: Modern, minimalistic waist belts; classic court shoes.
- Who Would Wear It: Feminine, minimalist types; Michelle Williams, Gwyneth Paltrow, and Rooney Mara (who sat front row).