Carolina Herrera unveiled her Fall '13 collection to a star-studded crowd today with celebrities like Ivanka Trump and Molly Sims sitting front row, ready to soak in the designer's latest ladylike offerings. Intricately embellished dresses, fluid silk gowns, and glamorous pops of jewel-toned fur hit the runway emoting the kind of effortless elegant we've come to expect from the designer. With a nod to the '40s, Herrera's daywear segment featured a mix of feminine and masculine looks, ranging from chic silk suit sets adorned with luxurious fur trim to tailored wide-leg wool trousers and bold striped coats. The red-carpet crowd won't be disappointed either; the designer spotlighted her custom dahlia and sea urchin patterns across a range of beautifully crafted silk gowns featuring sexy keyhole details. There was also a gorgeous white column gown paired with a black corset belt we'd like to see on one of the A-list celebrities during the award-season circuit. Check out the rest of the details below, and then click through to see Herrera's latest.
- Trends: Fur embellishments, wide belts, metallics.
- Key details: Keyhole necklines, bows, custom floral and sea urchin prints.
- Fabrics: Velvet, silk charmeuse, wool, fur.
- Soundtrack: Carolina created her own original score with composer Tom Hodge and producer Javier Peral on "Capriccio For Carolina," recorded with the London Contemporary Orchestra — wow.
- Who should wear it: In addition to front-row attendees Molly Sims and Ivanka Trump, we can picture red-carpet beauties like Emmy Rossum and Camilla Belle wearing the fancier gowns to their next black-tie affair.