Frills, feathers, sheerness, and shine: Karl Lagerfeld's Spring 2012 collection for Chanel had all the feminine indulgences, presented in a dreamy, under-the-sea setting. Models strode the runway in 80 looks, most of them rendered in a soft palette — silver, seafoam green, blush — and walked against a white backdrop filled with shapes from the sea, like seaweed and coral. They wore pearls in their hair, and as belts. Girly dresses with short hemlines, styled with metallic ankle booties or gladiator sandals, looked made for Chanel ambassadors Blake Lively, Rachel Bilson, and Alexa Chung. On the flip side, slim-fitted sheath dresses worth with iconic tweed jackets might have seemed more conservative, and certainly lacked the frills, but they felt light and even sexy.
- Trends: feathers, peplum, seafoam green, .
- Colors: seafoam green, iridescent hues, light blue, white, pale yellow, blush.
- Key Look:Supermodel Freja's seafoam green, feathered dress took our breath away.
- Accessories: Silver ankle booties, silver gladiator sandals.
- Who Would Wear It: Girly, modern style icons of our day, who can easily wear feminine clothes without seeming too precious.