Christian Dior will be announcing a new head designer soon, but in the meantime, John Galliano's former right-hand man Bill Gaytten, who has headed up Dior since Galliano's departure, sent out a polished, ladylike Spring 2012 collection that stayed true to the Dior woman. It was a collection that focused on getting dressed up, with cocktail dresses and gowns of chiffon, organza, and lace, intricately constructed in a perfectly-executed take on the Dior classics. There was no big, new theme; rather the collection was a lovely reminder of the brand's history and stylistic power.
- Trends: ladylike, boudoir, cocoon jackets, evening wear.
- Colors: seafoam green, red, black, white, blush.
- Key Piece: the lace and chiffon boudoir-inspired gowns for the red carpet.
- Accessories: pouch bags, strappy stilettos.
- Who Would Wear It: Ladies of the red carpet who want a truly feminine, classic look. We love the thought of Keira Knightley, Rose Huntington-Whiteley, and Emma Stone in the cocktail dresses.