Dedicated to the Beat Generation, DKNY Fall 2012 showed a collection filled with strong silhouettes, pretty details, and even some shearling and fur. Designed with a city girl in mind, these seemed dedicated to the working city girl — skirt and jacket looks were belted for a crisp look, and coats were edged in leather. Ashley Greene, Nina Dobrev, and Coco Rocha were seated in the front row, watching the models come in literally off the street — the show was sat in a cavernous garage-like space with double-doors that opened out onto the sidewalk, allowing the models to walk in. Minus the fact that it was freezing out, it made for an energetic show.
- Trends: ladylike, fur details, leather sleeves, florals.
- Colors: Black, gray, plum, red, florals.
- Key Piece: A leather-sleeved coat to wear over sheath dresses.
- Accessories: Fur snoods with buckle closures, sleek clutches, red ankle strap platform heels.
- Who Would Wear It: Sophisticated city chicks who like to make a feminine statement — Kim Kardashian, Olivia Palermo.