DKNY Spring 2013 was all about the New Yorker's uniform, whether for sport, street, or work. The sporty theme has been a dominant one at Fashion Week thus far — and at DKNY it was expressed through mesh bodysuits, nylon anoraks, and baseball caps (baseball caps seem to be the hat for next season). Then there are uniforms of a different kind, like a perfect denim skirt with a white top, or a canvas and tweed car coat to be thrown over everything. It was all about updated basics you could wear all the time, from day to night, and who doesn't want that kind of versatility? Ashley Greene, the brand's recent ad campaign star, was in the front row and seemed to be especially excited by a denim-skirt-and-white-top combo, while Donna Karan took her bow in a bright yellow nylon anorak and her signature black bodysuit and black pants.
- Trends: Sporty, cutouts, mesh, sleeveless blazers, monochromatic dressing.
- Colors: City neutrals — white, black, and "taxicab" yellow.
- Key Piece: The all-white opener was chic, as were the anoraks, a denim skirt, and an awesome sleeveless blazer.
- Accessories: Pointy ankle-strap heels, baseball caps, backpacks, and fanny packs.
- Who Should Wear It: This is for someone who defines easy street style — we could see SJP rocking the slouchy denim looks.