With all the polling surrounding New York's mayoral race, we decided to get the city's designers in on the action (after all, predicting elections can't be much more difficult than forecasting seasonal trends, right?). And as expected, their opinions were as strong as Karlie Kloss's runway walk!
The votes are in, and if designers including Tadashi Shoji, Rubin Singer, Misha Nonoo, and Dennis Basso, have their way, they'll have a notable client to dress when Christine Quinn takes the title. While we wait to see how today's primary pans out, see what other votes have been cast by the city's most fashionable set.
- Oh, the question of the hour! It's anyone’s guess. — Rebecca Minkoff
- Christine Quinn. NYC is ready for a lady mayor, as the country prepares for a female president in 2016! — Sachin and Babi Ahluwalia, Sachin + Babi
- Joe Lhota. — Nicole Miller
- Christine Quinn, but I wish it would be Bloomberg again! — Lela Rose
- I am a big fan of Christine Quinn, I think she is an amazing woman and she could do wonders for the city of New York. — Elie Tahari
- Hopefully someone as dynamic as NYC itself!— Bibhu Mohapatra
- I wish Bloomberg could have a fourth term. — Gabriela Perezutti, Candela
- The best of the worst. — Daniel Vosovic
- I haven't been able to follow the race closely because I'm always back and forth between Tokyo and New York, but I know I'll miss Mayor Bloomberg. — Hanako Maeda, Adeam