Dries Van Noten gave us a beautiful vision for Spring 2012, thanks to a myriad of photo prints that ranged from a turquoise sea to the twinkling lights of Las Vegas to idyllic painted landscapes rendered in monochromatic tones. These prints were collaged together on loose silk shifts, crisp white button-downs, and knee-length skirts, in a surprising vignette of beautiful things. Silhouettes weren't ignored though; Van Noten played with structure and volume, adding femininity to his slouchy-structured tailoring with peplum and thick, gorgeously rendered embroidery and lace.
- Trends: photo prints, peplum, apron pants, boleros, embroidery.
- Colors: black, white, turquoise, yellow, rust, teal, hot pink.
- Key Piece: The photo-print pieces; a beautiful white peplum vest, embroidered boleros.
- Accessories: tie-up sandals, minimal tristrap heels, white sunglasses.
- Who Would Wear It:Fashion insiders and risk takers like Liv Tyler, Naomi Watts, and Taylor Tomasi Hill.