Elie Tahari was all about "real women" for Fall '12, and to further prove that point, he enlisted his friends, family, and staff to model the collection. Amongst the casual, party-like setting — his "models" were spotted sipping champagne and even cradling a baby — Tahari showcased a jewel-toned mix of separates and some luxe accessories. Jackets and blazers were refreshed with tonal pairings, trousers ranged from slim to wide-legged, and smart sheath dresses were elevated with laser cutouts. Meanwhile, an array of leather and fur touches injected a modernized touch across the board. Highlights included a purple asymmetrical leather jacket paired with a cobalt silk top and cropped trousers, and a tonal colorblocked blazer. More details from the collection below.
- Trends: Colored fur, peplum.
- Colors: Blue, navy, purple, black, fuchsia.
- Key Look: The purple asymmetrical leather jacket and fur accessories.
- Accessories: Ankle boots, patent pumps, leather opera gloves, fur clutches.
- Who Would Wear It: Everyday working women looking to add a chic touch to their look.