After months of shuffling and shifting at Ungaro, Jeanne Labib-Lamour's presence as chief designer seems to offer clarity in a bright, beautifully crafted Spring 2012. At the forefront of our minds are the bold abstract prints in fresh poppy-red and turquoise that ran throughout, dotting shifts, pants, blouses, and even swimwear. The pattern is actually inspired by aerial shots from NASA, proving that Labib-Lamour may just have the wit and talent to see the couture house through. Even while the print makes a bold impression, you never seem to tire of its statement quality; but when the evening wear surfaces in the form of a gray column gown or a gold-sequin dotted strapless, and the chic peplum-trimmed halter dress makes an appearance, the change illustrates Labib-Lamour's perfect grasp of modern femininity and the new direction she can offer Ungaro.
- Trends: Brights, prints, cutouts, evening wear.
- Colors: Poppy-red, blue and green print, white, gray, black.
- Key Piece: The abstract print, poppy-red sequin sheath.
- Accessories: Red, black, and blue lace-up heels, slim metallic belts.
- Who Would Wear It: The modern femme with a taste for bright color and print; Olivia Palermo and Rachel Bilson would own the abstract prints.