Peter Dundas showed off his signature sex appeal for Emilio Pucci's Fall 2012, crafting a decadent line in fur, sheer, and rich leather detail. It was a little like sensory overload at Pucci — that's not to say that it wasn't all done with perfect precision — there was just a lot to take in. When Dundas isn't honing his craft on ultrasexy evening wear — full-length, figure-flaunting gowns with sheer cutouts or embellished detail — he offers up brilliant prints on both slouchy suiting and drama-inducing frocks. Nearly everything gets the luxe treatment; if it's not a fur tossed nonchalantly over gowns and metallic suiting, then it's skirts and shifts finished in textured croc — and a leg-baring slit went with practically anything. Still, to sum it all up in red-carpet glamour would mean missing the menswear-inspired coats and tuxedo jacket paired with smart cropped trousers and finished in sharp white and black or soft powder blue. Dundas zeroes in on both the supersexy and the smarter stuff here — and with all things, he stuns.
- Trends: Sheer, cutouts, leather, fur, menswear, slits, metallics.
- Colors: White, soft blue, nude, eggplant, olive green, kaleidoscope prints.
- Key Piece: The delicate blue embellished cocktail sheath.
- Accessories: Jewel-adorned pumps, tall suede boots, crisscross strappy stilettos, chain-strap box clutches, fur hats.
- Who Would Wear It: Sexy red-carpet types with a taste for drama; fans like Gwyneth Paltrow.