With PETA protesters outside and six-by-six model formations on the runway, it was a chaotic scene at Emporio Armani's Fall 2012 show. The collection, described by Armani as "animated by fun, ironic touches, alluding to the roaring '20s, made all the more unpredictable by the addition of Bermudas," was just as exciting. Whimsical was the name of the game; knicker-inspired trousers were layered under the majority of the looks, paired with velvet dresses, beaded peplum skirts, and fun rose petal vests — all while paired with oxfords and slippers. The extravagant delight didn't stop there; hot pink velvet jackets, camellia-embellished dresses, and louche multicolored sequined jackets also made an appearance on the runway. While the styling may look busy at first glance, it worked because every piece was ultimately beautiful on its own. More details from Emporio Armani's charming collection below.
- Trends: Knicker trousers, fringe, colored fur, peplum, embellishment.
- Colors: Black, purple, navy, pink, gray.
- Key Piece: We loved the shimmery sequin and velvet jackets.
- Accessories: Floppy fisherman and beret hats, loafers, satchel bags, statement necklaces, wide belts, brooches.
- Who Would Wear It: Olivia Palermo, Camilla Belle, and Kerry Washington; girls willing to take a risk on the red carpet.