It's party time for Erin by Erin Fetherston's Spring 2013 collection, which was presented in New York's chic-magnet hotel, The Standard. Emphasis was on the cocktail attire, with flirty, dance-floor-ready dresses making up the bulk of the collection, plus one standout metallic shorts suit. Fetherston hit all the classic party notes: there were metallic jacquard, feathers, paillettes, chiffon, and jeweled embellishment. Colors ranged from sunset oranges to soft neon yellow to her trademark pink. The models milled about on a breezy outdoor terrace as guests drank Champagne before everyone was ushered into a balloon-filled room for what was ostensibly the "real party." It was clear Fetherston intended to drive the "good times" message home. With a buzzing crowd that included Padma Lakshmi, she seemed to have kicked off Fashion Week on a high note.
- Trends: Feathers, metallic jacquard, sunset hues.
- Colors: Sunset hues, soft neon, pink.
- Key Piece: A pink minidress with a feathered skirt; a metallic jacquard shorts suit.
- Accessories: A glass of Champagne and a ping-pong paddle — classic Erin Fetherston!
- Who Should Wear It: Hot young starlets who are on the nighttime scene, like Nikki Reed and Ashley Madekwe.