Since 1960, Mr. Blackwell has established himself as a celebrity-style critic by annually listing off his top ten worst-dressed women.
Today, he released his 48th Annual Worst-Dressed Women List, with the note: "For those of you who were expecting to see Britney's name adorn the 2007 list, I felt that it was inappropriate at this time to make comment, when her personal life is in such upheaval. I hope 2008 is a better year for her."
And so, without further ado, Mr. Blackwell's top three — do you agree?
1. Victoria Beckham: "Forget the fashion spice — wearing a skirt would suffice! In one skinny-mini monstrosity after another, pouty posh can really wreck-em."
2. Amy Winehouse: "Exploding beehives above . . . tacky polka-dots below . . . she's part '50s car-hop horror."
3. Mary-Kate Olsen: "YIKES! In layers of cut-rate kitsch, Mary-Kate's look is hard to explain. . . . she resembles a tattered toothpick-trapped in a hurricane!"
To see the rest of his picks, including who he calls "a global fashion curse," just
4. Fergie: "Another style-free 'Fergie' in fashion's hall of shame? Yes, when it comes to couture chaos, guess it's all in a name!"
5. Kelly Clarkson: "Her heavenly voice soars above the rest. . . but those belly-baring bombs are hellish at best! She may be the queen of 'Pro-Active' — but that wardrobe looks downright radioactive!"
6. Eva Green: "Stuck in neon nightmares not fit for the sane. Fashion this loud could give Bond a migraine! A profusion of confusion from toes to nose!"
7. Avril Lavigne: "Gothic makeup courtesy the mad spatula-Fashions provided by. . . .The house of Dracula!"
8. Jessica Simpson: "Forget the Cowboys. In prom queen screams, can it get any worse? She's a global fashion curse!"
9. Lindsay Lohan: "Lindsay the fashion frenzy strikes again! Lohan takes fashion to a new low."
10. Alison Arngrim: "Little Nellie of the prairie, looks like a 1940s fashion editor for the Farmer's Almanac."