As the New York Fashion Week adrenaline has subsided, and another Emmys has come and gone, I finally had a few minutes to reflect...poolside. Here are some deep thoughts and a fun summation of my recent New York Fashion Week experience. In the end, there were fashion highs and lows, but I survived and boy was it fun.
- Most Fab moment? Running around backstage at Alexander Wang! I found myself lost in a wonderland of models (who were illegally smoking in the stairwells!), pre-show buzz and I almost got Wang for an interview for you guys - Vogue stole him away!
- Most Fab show? Betsey Johnson. Through my career I have made several attempts to attend a Betsey Johnson show and this was the first time it worked out. I had a Fab seat, in the second row, and the show was super fun and festive. Her political message (see collage) encouraging the fashionable audience to "Vote" was the icing on the BJ cake.
- Most awesome celebrity sighting? Repeated sightings of the insanely handsome Nigel Barker, Ivanka Trump (I just love her), and Nicole Richie; both Ivanka & Nicole were at Max Azria.
- Hottest handbag sighting: A maroon and black patent Balenciaga tote.
- Most Fab pair of shoes spotted: Not that I would wear them, but these Burberry studded platforms, $940, are so badass in person; an Editor from ELLE was wearing them.
- Number of Anna Wintour sightings: 4. Once standing solo on the sidewalk (gasp!).
- Item I really want to buy (and can maybe afford) come Spring: The grey melange tailored coat I featured by Rebecca Taylor.
- Thank god for my...Band-Aid blister block and BlackBerry Pearl!
- Best goodie bag item: The most expensive face cream I've ever tried, that is questionably all the rage: Amatokin Anti-Wrinkle Face Creme. And yes, I will be sure to share a pea-sized amount with Bella.
- Three favorite shows overall, fashion-wise: If I had to choose...3.1 Phillip Lim, J. Mendel and Rachel Comey.