There is one thing that I think of when October rolls around: Halloween! It makes sense for the Fab favorite holiday to be the holiday where you are required to dress up and be someone else for a night right? Halloween is the time to get creative with garb and prove to the world you can be sexy, scary or funny — in excess. Me? I usually go for sexy, since I'm fairly buttoned up the other 364 days of the year. More Halloween inspiration is in the near Fab future, but in the meantime, here are some favorites to get me in cold weather fashion shape.
- So I mentioned I'm fairly buttoned up most of the time, but I do love me some animal prints, and this Banana Republic Silk animal-print top, $48, is a beaut.
- Call them go go boots, call me lover. These Bottega Veneta Patent Boots, $990, are hot and I dig the stacked heel. For days I'm not feeling so retro, a glimpse under some dark denim boot cuts is very Marianne Faithfull.
- I'm sorry, but these Yves Saint Laurent Charlotte Pumps, $495, are fine. In person, they're finer. And all things considered — YSL, fine leather, unique architectural wooden heel — that price is not too exorbitant.
- Nothing says cozy chic like a layering piece such as this Lux Fairisle Sweater Dress, $58.
- I'm not an advocate of leggings, except in times of travel, so these Vince
Side Zipper Pants, $195, are a cool alternative.