You heard about my fashion week fumbles, but that's just a result of the stars not aligning quite right this time around. Though it's a fast and furious week, it's a fabulous week. I wouldn't have it be any different, really. Although having a town car take me from show to show would be a-mazing. One can dream right? Now that I've sifted through the runway looks, chosen my favorites, started a mental wish list, and gotten over my jet lag, I can share with you the Fab times at New York Fashion Week.
- Most Fab show? This one is always a toughie; either Rodarte or Oscar de la Renta. Rodarte felt like I'd stepped into an alternate fashion universe, and Oscar was just so beautiful and rich. Oh! The Project Runway finalist show was pretty exciting too.
To read all about the rest,
- Hottest handbag sighting: Yves Saint Laurent Besace Flap Bag ($1,995).
- Most Fab moment? Eating and drinking with Rachel Zoe at the DVF dinner; it was just really chill, and she was approachable and chatty.
- Most awesome celebrity sighting? You can read all about the celebrity front rows on ELLE.com, but for me personally: Parker Posey at Cynthia Rowley. Seeing the original Party Girl was a very pleasant surprise.
- Best swag: Fancy scented candles — because I absolutely refuse to spend $40 on a candle!
- Item I really want to buy (and can maybe afford) come Fall: Anything by Shipley & Halmos.
- Number of Anna Wintour sightings: numerous. Number of Carine Roitfeld sightings: only two.
- Items I managed to buy between breaks (you know me): A pair of Juicy Fruit pink Guiseppe Zanotti python flats, two Marc by Marc Jacobs umbrellas, a gray woven leather Lauren Merkin clutch (on sale), and the perfect denim vest from H&M.
- Three favorite shows overall, for the clothes: Bill Blass, Rodarte, and Proenza Schouler.