2011 Fall Milan Fashion Week: Dolce & Gabbana
Boy meets girl at an '80s party, and by the end of the night they're sharing clothes. That seemed to be the idea at Dolce & Gabbana, who sent out a whopping 81 looks that alternated between oversized menswear and sexy dresses. The menswear, wrought of either wool or jacquard, had a boxy silhouette a la David Byrne in his Talking Heads days. The dresses were classic Dolce sexy, many with lace, star prints, or both. At first the gender distinction was strong, but at the end of the show, sequin leggings began popping up under blazers and dresses were paired with men's oxfords. The bold colors and patterns gave the whole show an '80s pop princess vibe with a big dose of dandy.
- Trends: '80s, menswear, jacquard, lace, star prints, sheerness.
- Colors: Royal blue, pink, yellow, black, white.
- Key Looks: The lace and star-print dresses.
- Accessories: Polka-dot oxfords, heels with socks.
- Who Would Wear It: Madonna and Cyndi Lauper fans, young rocker types.