Scott Sternberg went for the gusto this evening at his Fall 2011 Band of Outsiders runway show attended by a star-studded guest list which included Kirsten Dunst — the brand's new lookbook face — Grace Coddington, Kanye West, Kid Cudi, and Momofuku’s David Chang, who gifted everyone with lemon cookies so delicious, even Anna Wintour was spotted taking a bite. So what exactly was on tap? Models rappelled down from the ceiling in a dramatic fashion serving as the perfect opener to an exciting show and equally tantalizing collection.
Thick knit sweaters, cropped plaid pants, fur scarves, silk print gowns, and slouchy fur beanies all pointed toward a grungy glamorous ski-inspired feel, while sharper looks, like a thin-wale corduroy suit, injected just the right amount of polish. Our favorite, a striped wool blanket poncho paired with leather climbing booties, emoted the perfect sense of Winter cozy.
- Trends: Plaid pants, fur scarves, flared trousers, semi-sheer gowns.
- Colors: Grey, beige, blue, black.
- Key Looks: Blanket wool poncho, corduroy suit.
- Accessories: Leather climbing booties, fur beanies, pearls, pendants.
- Who Would Wear It: Cool city hipsters, laid-back luxe types.