Keep it classy, New York. That's what the message seemed to be from the always elegant and super poised Carolina Herrera. The show began with Arizona Muse in a swingy coat tied with a burgundy velvet belt, and from there came a series of daytime separates ideal for Madison Avenue shopping sprees: wide-leg trousers, fur-trimmed jackets, belted sheath dresses. Bold colors like turquoise and orange made some more traditional silhouettes feel fresher, and it would have been nice to see more done with a graphic brushstroke print and ombré sequins. The evening gowns that made the designer a fave of celebs like Renée Zellweger and January Jones were textured and mostly colorful, including the strapless turquoise and red ombré number worn by Karlie Kloss and the beautiful black liquid jacquard finale dress. In a touching Valentine's Day moment, proud daughter Carolina Jr. snapped a pic of her mom from the front row as Carolina Sr. took her bow. Click here to watch our one-on-one interview with the designer and take a look at the full runway here on FabSugarTV.
- Trends: Jacquard, graphic prints, fur, wide-leg trousers, ombré, ladylike dressing.
- Colors: Orange, turquoise, crimson, gray, black.
- Key Looks: A knee-length wool skirt and ombré sequin top was fresh; the liquid jacquard finale dress.
- Accessories: Velvet Manolo Blahniks with turquoise trim.
- Who Would Wear It: Elegant sophisticates; uptown socialites.