Long live the '60s! In Kate Spade's world, we're all having breakfast at Tiffany's with Andy Warhol and we're never, ever too old or too cool for a good bow. At their showroom presentation, complete with their own New York City bagel cart, Kate Spade showed her knack for all things retro, girly, and colorful. Graphic prints made it onto handbags and dresses; oversized costume jewelry was designed to be layered, pumps got feather pompoms and crystal-encrusted heels, and wool hats were done in rainbows of color. The clothing stayed true to classic silhouettes, including full-skirted day dresses, A-line sheaths, and a cool faux leopard jacket. It's like an eternal good mood pervades Kate's technicolor world, and we like good moods.
- Trends: '60s ladylike, color, graphic prints.
- Colors: Candy pink, yellow, sky blue, taupe.
- Key Looks: A pink knit shell dress worn with a little riding hat.
- Accessories: The hats were a fresh highlight; the fun, statement-making shoes.
- Who Would Wear It: Sweet, retro-loving girls; the Mad Men characters.