Leighton Meester, Karen Elson, and Liya Kebede showed off Marc's Spring '70s chic in the front row, though for Fall Marc Jacobs is channeling something decidedly more vintage. High, tight collars in lace, small, ladylike berets, pencil skirts in wool, rich cranberry and bright blue, then polka dots. Silhouettes that feel prim and proper, with a '40s ladylike sensibility; then it shifts with playful details, brighter fabrics — exaggerated metallic polka dots that lie almost like giant scales on a pencil skirt; a sheath made entirely in the same pinky-hued, shiny dots. It's a collection that speaks entirely to Marc Jacobs's showmanship; a talent for channeling the fashion we know into an entirely new vision with lightness, humor, and whimsy.
- Trends: Polka dots, peplum, lace, furry detailing, hats, cropped knits.
- Colors: Rich blues and reds, deep green.
- Key Looks: Green dotted dress with high lace collar inset and spotted hat; slinky, pink metallic sheath.
- Accessories: Small, beret-style hats dotted and colored, sheer, dotted tights, sportier calf-length boots, gloves.
- Who Would Wear It: The girl with a flair for fashionable theatrics; Chloë Sevigny.