One look at the blogger-filled front row — including the lovely model/photographer Hanneli Mustaparta — and it was clear who Rachel Comey embraces: the independent girl. She said so in her post-show interview: "I look at my friends, girls on the street, people doing something interesting." Her collection was tailored for those who love femininity but not in any cookie-cutter way: bold ikat prints, cropped silk pants, chunky knits in fitted silhouettes, and a voluminous ankle-length dress are just some highlights. It was an eclectic, bold, and altogether fun collection filled with covetable Comey pieces for the anti-it It girl.
- Trends: Textured and tailored sweaters, skirt suits, pleats, sheer panels, wide wale corduroy, and velvet detailing.
- Colors: Peach, maroon, kelly green.
- Key Looks: A flowy, low-slung silk dress; a wide-collared peacoat over a printed skirt.
- Accessories: Printed booties to match the ikat pants.
- Who Would Wear It: The feminine, slightly retro girl who equally loves the '50s and the '70s.