The product of Italian designer Domenico Vacca's wife Julie, Vacca debuted for Fall an artful, richly textured collection of separates designated for a young, modern woman. The silhouettes were indeed of the moment: sleeveless jackets, slouchy skinny pants, and oversized jackets, but the witty styling is what gave the collection power. Leg-hugging pants were paired with a white tunic and boxy gray jacket; a printed tunic with floor-skimming tails lent a sense of exotic chic to a fitted blazer. The fabrics and details, including velvet, leather and ruching, were a reminder that this line belongs to the house of Domenico Vacca. Overall it was an impressively sartorial showing that gave its established luxury brand background a modern dose of freshness.
- Trends: Layering, tunics, cropped trousers, velvet.
- Colors: Red, gray, cream, gray.
- Key Looks: A red velvet dress with fitted jacket, the printed tunics with jackets and pants.
- Accessories: Sexy open-toe wedge heels.
- Who Would Wear It: The woman who takes a thoughtful approach to fashion and plays with proportion.