Nine a.m. was an early wake-up call for Yigal Azrouel's Fall 2011 showing, but those who made it were given a instant jolt of energy thanks to the designer's cool and colorful menswear inspired collection. The line was all about "celebrating the strength and power of artistic femininity," which Azrouel expertly exemplified through wool cropped boy pants, oversize knit "tail" tops, pleated bib blouses, and covetable coats. Bright splashes of color — we especially loved the bright mandarin orange and cobalt blue — were tempered with neutral hues giving us just the right amount of pop for Fall. There were also details, like tuxedo stripes, leather trim, and cute custom bow-ties, which furthered the boyish theme. The outwear was also a force to be reckoned with: classic herringbone coats, leather and fur jackets, and streamlined oversize blazer toppers will be chic and cozy options come next Fall. To see our video of the full runway, check out FabSugarTV.
- Trends: Menswear, tuxedo stripes, bright color.
- Colors: Jade green, mandarin orange, salmon, cobalt, gray.
- Key Looks: Cobalt pants and oversize tweed coat, mandarin orange pieces.
- Accessories: Bow-ties, skinny belts, thin headbands, suede wedge boots.
- Who Would Wear It: Boyish cuties like Alexa Chung, Kate Bosworth, and Thandie Newton.