Phoebe Philo put Celine back on the map with her laid-back approach to minimalism; for Fall she continued that idea but took fabrics — fur, leather, sheer chiffon — and worked them like building blocks to create a textured minimalism that balanced simplicity with super sharp tailoring, rich colors and fabrics. The silhouettes were easy to wear, like skinny trousers and chic menswear coats, and the turtleneck layered under boxy tops is proof that next Fall, the t-neck is going to be a wardrobe staple. What was most impressive is that luxurious fabrics like fur and leather, a sign of excess most anywhere else, had such elegant subtlety here— Philo was fearless in slimming them down and tailoring them until they became as svelte as the models wearing them. The result was a smart, chic collection that felt luxurious, looked luxurious, but didn't have to scream it.
- Trends: Minimalism, colorblocking, leather, fur, menswear.
- Colors: Earth tones, navy, citrus, red.
- Key Looks: The fur and wool coats.
- Accessories: Pointy stiletto booties
- Who Would Wear It: The fashion forward modernist.