2011 Fall Paris Fashion Week: Jean Paul Gaultier
It's the kind of fun we'd expect Gaultier to have with his collection. This time a playful rendition of '50s and '60s fashion that had models tossing their their layers to the end of the catwalk, then closing with a striptease from French commedienne Valerie Lemercier. It's a presentation that's all tongue and cheek, models with graying bouffants taking the runway in belted tweed, jacquard, gloves and kitten heels. But, don't let the references to retro dressing fool you, this collection is just as full of the more modern, covetable plays on ladylike apparel. Fall trends in the form of leather pencil skirts, fur-trimmed puffers, a sleek trench coat, and slick suiting that celebrate sophisticated, wearable luxe.
- Trends: Ladylike dressing, fur, leather, graphic print, menswear.
- Colors: Earth tones, gray, black, a splash of citrus and green.
- Key Looks: A belted, fur-trimmed puffer coat and kitten heels.
- Accessories: Fur stoles, gloves, t-strap pumps, lace-up boots, pointed-toe kitten heels, and fur-trimmed suitcases.
- Who Would Wear It: The feminine sophisticate who craves luxury with modern sensibility.