Vanessa Bruno's Fall '11 collection is another masterful lesson in the art of layering, giving us an interesting mix of '70s chic and '90s grunge. Thick wool coats look cozy and cloud-like; long, languid skirts take on the shape of the wearer; and airy blouses play romantically against plush mohair crew-neck sweaters. Moody floral silk dresses fare well with turtlenecks and knee-high boots, while long, drapey coats look downright dreamy when paired with silky separates and sharp tailored trousers. The painstaking attention to detail that Bruno takes when styling each look is evident, and the Fall collection is pretty and polished, yet still effortlessly undone.
- Trends: Metallics, freeform stripes, fur accents.
- Colors: Cream, burnt sienna, charcoal gray.
- Key Looks: Laser cut fur panel jacket; oversized mohair striped sweater with fox-fur shoulder pads.
- Accessories: Slouchy knit hats, structured tote bags, leather boots with knee-high socks.
- Who Would Wear It: City girls that crave relaxed, low-maintenance chic.