>> Just today, Swarovski announced that they were going to clothe Michael Jackson head to toe for his "This Is It" tour kicking off next month — his costumes and sets were to feature over 300,000 crystals, in 53 different shapes, 43 different sizes, and 27 different colors. In April, The Imagist reported that Balmain stylist Emmanuelle Alt "would weep" if Jackson allowed Balmain to do his tour costumes because she was "100% obsessed" with him — a fact reflected in Balmain's flashy runway pieces.
Jackson had catapulted himself back into fashion's eye in recent months after he was spotted in a number of different Balmain looks — no doubt courtesy of Emmanuelle Alt — and a favorite gold studded Givenchy jacket. At the news of his death this afternoon, an outpouring of reactions — some incredulous — came from models, editors, and designers alike — those from a few, below.
"This is unbelievable..."
- Heidi Mount: "Michael Jackson!!!! this is unbelievable... there [are] no words."
- Brian Atwood: "RIP Farrah and Michael Jackson...We will remember you both....!! So sad."
- Francesca Burns: "jacko, tragic."
- Derek Blasberg: "Wait, is it true? First Farrah and now this?"
- Nicola Formichetti: "R.I.P michael jackson"
- Dazed & Confused: "is sad about MJ. Dude had some smooth moves. R.I.P"
- Henry Holland: "Michael jackson died?!"
- Adriana Lima: "rip Michael..you have to live your life to the fullest.."
- Jeremy Scott: "IM JUST IN SHOCK AT THE LOSS OF SUCH AN ICON AND FEEL SO SAD FOR HIS CHILDREN AT THIS TIME FOR THEIR LOSS"
- Douglas Perrett of COACD: "This is like the day when Kurt Cobain died....they blasted Teen Spirit at CLUB USA that night and we danced/screamed together one last time"
- Sessilee Lopez: "OMG Michael Jackson nooo.... You will be missed!!! I love you Mike R.I.P"
- Colette's Sarah Lerfel: "A little confused because I still can't believe it for MJ..."
- Dree Hemingway: "In honor of michael I am dressing up like him and dancing to his genius music and adoring him!"
- Chanel Iman: "We love u Michael" Michael Jackson lives thru his music forever!!! MJ The King of Pop period."