For Spring 2012, Fendi embraces sexiness, humor, and ladylike dressing all at once. It's what might happen if more buttoned-up types let their hair down without really surrendering their aesthetic. Essentially, structures and silhouettes remain intact with shift dresses, suiting, coats, and evening dresses — but each gets an edgy update with cutouts or rich fabrics like suede and leather with perforated, dot detailing carried throughout. Exceptions, like furry textural vests and long, sheer black gowns make their appearance, but overall the work speaks mainly to modern, pulled-together types who favor modern-cut classics like stripes on their blouses and a great skirt suit.
- Trends: Ladylike, cutouts, sheer, stripes, fur, suede, texture.
- Colors: Gray, black, white, blue, red.
- Key Look: The adorable white apron-front dress.
- Accessories: Oversize, see-through sunglasses, perforated leather ankle-strap heels with multicolored straps, some with fur adornments, perforated leather totes and clutches.
- Who Would Wear It: Ladylike types with a little humor and quirk; Michelle Williams, Carey Mulligan, Mia Wasikowska, and Alexa Chung.