But the entire collection of well-paid catwalkers — which includes a few of Bundchen's sisters in the Victoria's Secret Angel sorority, like Alessandra Ambrosio and Doutzen Kroes — mark a paradigm shift in the way models look today. "The top girls now represent a return to a true representation of beauty, not the odd beauty or a fashion-diverted version of beauty," said DNA Models chairman David Bonnouvrier. (DNA represents Kroes, Ambrosio, and Natalia Vodianova, who is also on the list.)
Bundchen may be the highest-earning supermodel in the world, but she's not yet the richest. That distinction belongs to former Sports Illustrated model Kathy Ireland, whose retail empire sells an estimated $2 billion in products a year. A breakdown of who might be creeping up on Ireland's territory someday, and what they made over the past year, below.
- Gisele Bundchen — $45 million
- Kate Moss — $9.2 million
- Natalia Vodianova — $8.6 million
- Adriana Lima — $7.3 million
- Doutzen Kroes — $6.9 million
- Alessandra Ambrosio — $6.6 million
- Miranda Kerr — $4 million
- Lara Stone — $3.8 million
- Carolyn Murphy — $3.5 million
- Candice Swanepoel — $3.1 million
Photo: Gisele Bundchen in the June/July issue of Vogue Paris, shot by Inez Lamsweerde and Vinoodh Matadin.