For Givenchy's Fall 2012 collection, Riccardo Tisci showed a strong lineup of equestrian-inspired looks comprised of structural leather dresses, luxurious over-the-knee riding boots, and sexy lace. Precision-cut jackets were paired with jodhpur trousers, and full pleated skirts were styled with cropped caplet jackets, driving home the riding theme. Tisci's signature hard-edge style was present in every look; dresses ranged from architectural leather renditions to embellished boudoir-like slip dresses showing sexy slits and sheer detailing. For added texture, Tisci showcased sumptuous two-tone short-sleeve jackets and tricolor vests. There were also a bevy of leather pants dipped in bright red hues and our favorite: a standout pair of black quilted trousers. More highlights from the collection below.
- Trends: Leather dresses, structured coats, over-the-knee boots, jodhpurs.
- Colors: Red, black, brown, camel, tangerine, purple.
- Key Look: We loved the structural leather pieces and tailored blazers.
- Accessories: Over-the-knee boots, wide belts, leather gloves, silk scarves.
- Who Would Wear It: Girls who crave dramatic fashion-forward looks like front-row attendees Alicia Keys, Leigh Lezark, and Cassie Ventura.