For the latest edition of Gwyneth Paltrow's Goop e-newsletter, the star teamed up with her stylist, Elizabeth Saltzman, to spotlight their favorite (and ultra-talented) gang of British designers: Erdem, Peter Pilotto, Antonio Berardi, Stella McCartney, Preen. . . the list goes on. The inspiration struck when the actress realized that most of the pieces she wore for her Iron Man 3 promotions tour were made by the folks across the pond. We pulled out the most crucial style tips from Gwyneth and Elizabeth just for you.
Gwyneth wearing Erdem at Iron Man 3 Paris photocall.
- Start with a print-on-print look, then according to Elizabeth: "Take it from morning, to day, to night with sneakers for the school run, flats for the office, and heels for nighttime."
- "Finish off the look by mixing in black basics like a tote bag and a leather jacket," Elizabeth suggests.
- Shop Elizabeth's picks here to get the look.
Gwyneth in sheer Antonio Berardi at Iron Man 3 LA premiere.
- "This season is all about having a sneak peek at body parts, whether it be a midriff, shoulder, cleavage or thigh," says Elizabeth.
- Elizabeth also noted she's coveting new British design duo Trager Delaney's mesh-back dress "for an outfit with a bit of edge to it."
- Shop peek-a-boo pieces here.
Get more style tips from Gwyneth and Elizabeth.
Gwyneth in a purple Victoria Beckham dress at the Tracy Anderson Method opening in Brentwood.
- According to Elizabeth: "Keep it simple by combining a few contrasting but complimentary colors in a minimal way" and "Combine pastels with richer, darker tones."
- "Grey goes with pretty much any color," Elizabeth says. "Start with a grey base and add bright pops."
- Shop color items here.
Gwyneth in black and white at the Iron Man 3 London photocall.
- Per Elizabeth: "Timeless clothes are always worth the investment. There is nothing wrong with buying something, within your budget, that you will wear for years and years." Some examples: She suggests this navy blue clutch or Mulberry's shoulder bag.
- "Toughen it up with Tabitha Simmons peep-toe boots or opt for a super chic low heel for daytime," says Elizabeth, noting they make a great alternative to flats.
- Shop modern classic pieces here.