Inspired by a Southern — Gee's Bend, AL, to be exact — design aesthetic of embroidery, ornate patchwork, and quilting appliqué, Hervé Léger served up a fresh batch of supersexy body-con silhouettes for Spring 2013. And this time around, Max and Lubov Azria's unforgiving formfitting dresses, sent out to a soundtrack of high-energy harmonica music, conveyed one palpable message: women's power. For each geometric pattern-enhanced or striped bandage iteration, there was a strong, sculptural leather harness, chain, or embellished stud and tassel detail to go with. Thus, the combined force of skin-baring wares — there were even some monokinis spotted — and overtly bold add-ons provided the audience with a feeling that this Spring, no one would be messing around with the Hervé Léger girl. Get our trend breakdown below, then click on for the complete Hervé Léger by Max Azria Spring 2013 collection.
- Trends: Strength within details (studding, harnesses, and chains), body-con silhouettes, and trumpet hems.
- Colors: A muted palette of earthy tones mixed with navy blues and black.
- Key Piece: The nude vertically-striped trumpet hem dress that exudes equal parts sexy and flirty.
- Accessories: Gladiator-inspired peep-toe sandals, wide leather cummerbund belts, harnesses, minaudières, and patent leather portfolio clutches.
- Who Should Wear It: The girl with nothing to hide — she's got to be confident and ready to show some curves. We're thinking Eva Longoria and Bar Refaeli would look stun-ning in these Spring '13 pieces.