We were lucky enough to catch a few moments with Nina Garcia, Fab fashion editor of Marie Claire, style expert extraordinaire on Project Runway (which airs Thursdays at 9/8 Central on Lifetime), and four-time author — just enough time for the busy lady to walk us through a day in her shoes. Between interviews, editorial plans for the magazine, and meeting with designers, stylists, and models, Nina keeps pretty busy day to day. It's a never-ending process, but the ever-styled — and skilled! — Nina loves what she does, telling us that "it's always busy, but it's always fun!"
To see exactly what she's up to these days, be sure to read more.
- The day starts at Marie Claire approving December layouts and the holiday gift guide.
- Next up, it's time to put the December issue to bed and switch gears to the upcoming issues with calls to the magazine's European editors to start the planning.
- After that, Nina already begins plans for the covers for January, February, and March issues. She'll spend time ironing out the various shoots, locations, and stylists for the cover.
- Then on to the story assignments for the magazine's next issues — that means talks with photographers and meetings with stylists to pull an amazing wardrobe for all the shoots.
- Lastly, she'll finish up the day running to meet the stylist for the February cover, which means more fabulous fashion in store!